flossie009

Members
About Me

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

flossie009's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (3/15)

1. ???? Where is this information coming from? None of which is being proposed by Regent 🤨
  2. It goes without saying that many locations around the world are best visited by methods other than cruising.
  3. @ysolde, Thanks for your explanation, but I cannot say that I am any the wiser with your arguments regarding the value you place on a Regent cruise against another form of vacation; especially when you say that cruising is not your favoured method of travel. What leads you to believe that future Regent offerings will give less value than previously when compared to other forms of travel ?
  4. I don’t think I understand 🤔 Regent is a cruise line that happens to offer some of its passengers the convenience of also booking flights to & from the cruise; as do many other cruise companies. We choose Regent for the on-board experience, and realise that they have little or no influence on the service provided by any airline they book on behalf of their guests. We also realise that the total price we pay to Regent will depend on what extras we ask them to include (flights, hotels, transfers etc). We weigh up the value & convenience of each of those extras on a cruise by cruise basis. I don’t see the new fare options changing the way we look at Regent’s offerings.
  5. You are the passenger so should be able to apply direct to the airline for the relevant compensation (most major airlines have on-line forms to enable you to apply) https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/delays-and-cancellations/delays/ No one (including Regent) will receive any compensation without applying for it. https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/delays-and-cancellations/making-a-claim/claiming-for-costs-and-compensation/
  6. Regent finally fixed the glitch, and classes were posted on our cruise yesterday; allowing us to reserve places on one that looked interesting 🙂
  7. Seven out of nine excursions in Walvis Bay, Namibia. None involve public transport or ferries etc. so very strange. Maybe it is warning us guests who have been exposed to the self-service buffets to be very careful if interacting with any of the locals 😉 😷 🤣
  8. Mariner is a very stable & comfortable ship. Have a fabulous cruise 😎
  9. Having just booked excursions for a Regent cruise next year we were surprised at the predominance of paid excursions rather than included ("free") for all destinations. Also for one port of call we found the following disclaimer for excursions in one port to be very odd: "Guests who go ashore do so with the understanding that they will be mixing with members of the general public” 😲 Don't remember seeing that sort of warning before, and cannot understand the thinking behind it 🤔
  10. @KenzSailing I wonder if you have been caught up in the same sort of very annoying technical glitch that we have encountered on another cruise 🤔 Your cruise is made up of two segments, and is therefore an "A" suffixed cruise. We have an "A" suffixed cruise in early 2025, also combining two segments. Those guests booked on one or other of the segments were able to reserve a cookery class place some weeks ago. However the culinary classes have not been uploaded to our combination sailing. Regent(UK) are unable to correct this anomaly and despite them emailing their colleagues in Miami numerous times, there has been no progress in getting the classes uploaded to our cruise. They even say that they are unable to email us details & timings of the classes that have been made available to each of the segments 🙄 🤨
  11. Although we love Navigator, given the choice for the same itinerary we would choose Mariner. In our opinion, Mariner has the best layout of public areas of any of the Regent fleet, plus the benefit of an additional speciality restaurant (Chartreuse) However, be aware that the basic suites on Mariner are snug (significantly smaller than Navigator). For us we prefer a Penthouse or Horizon suite when sailing on Mariner - both grades are an excellent size & layout. Also, most guests prefer the shower-only suites on Mariner (marked with an asterisk on the deck plans)
  12. In that case the only included transfer that Regent will provide is from the hotel to the ship on embarkation day. As you are not taking Regent flights, airport transfers are not included (unless you are on a Regent 3-day pre-cruise land tour)
  13. .......... and remember that the UK power supply is 240V; in case you have any equipment with you that only operates on 110V
  14. See also the previous thread on this subject:
  15. Your luggage will either be in your pre-cruise hotel room or on the tour bus (during transfers) As someone else said, Compass Rose is best for a leisurely breakfast. If on an early excursion then Room Service, La Veranda or Coffee Connection are your best options.