Aqua class VS Sweet 16 C2 Cabin Deck 6

smithtown

I am planning a cruise on Celebrity Summit for April 27th (the repositioning cruise from San Juan to NJ). I am trying to decide between an Aqua class cabin on Deck 11 or a Sweet 16 C2 Cabin on Deck 6 (with the larger balcony).

Has anyone been in either of these 2 classes and offer advice? I like all the extras Aqua class offers and I like large balcony's. I am curiouse about the view from both and the Noise difference.

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Never been in AQ, but have a Sweet 16 booked for our upcoming cruise. I am anxious to read the responses you get. I am a bit concerned over being so far forward as I usually prefer mid-ship for the stability (I tend to get green if seas are rocky). Wondering if far forward has as much movement as far aft in bad seas? Was in the latter on our last cruise and while the room was beyond awesome (it was our first Sky Suite) it was really rockin and rollin.

I am planning a cruise on Celebrity Summit for April 27th (the repositioning cruise from San Juan to NJ). I am trying to decide between an Aqua class cabin on Deck 11 or a Sweet 16 C2 Cabin on Deck 6 (with the larger balcony).

Has anyone been in either of these 2 classes and offer advice? I like all the extras Aqua class offers and I like large balcony's. I am curiouse about the view from both and the Noise difference.

The Sweet 16 cabins are smaller and are 2C, not C2 (concierge class).

If you can get an AQ cabin on Deck 11, I would go for it. You will love dining in Blu.

Originally Posted by smithtown View Post

Not sure if there are any AQ cabins available on the hump but if you were able to get one of those you would have the best of both worlds....a large balcony AND the AQ amenities;-) We stayed in AQ 1601 on the Solstice and the balcony was huge!

I've been in a sweet 16 (Millenium) and also AQ (Solstice). I love the larger balconies of the sweet 16 but would sacrifice that for Blu in a heartbeat. I think the food is amazing.

Also, if you suffer any type of motion sickness the sweet 16's are pretty forward. I don't mind being aft in rough seas but forward I do not like at all :(

I would pick a midship AQ cabin for sure.

When you say 'smaller' I presume you mean smaller than CC cabins, which are larger on M class (or maybe also the AQ - not familiar with them)? They are the same size as other balcony cabins.

On the M-Class, they are only 170 sq ft vs. 190 sq ft for CC and AQ cabins.

Not sure if there are any AQ cabins available on the hump but if you were able to get one of those you would have the best of both worlds....a large balcony AND the AQ amenities;-) We stayed in AQ 1601 on the Solstice and the balcony was huge!

You are talking about the S-Class cabins. The OP is talking about the M-Class cabins (Summit). No hump on the M-Class.

If you can get an Aft Aqua cabin on the Summit you will have the best of both worlds; larger balcony and dining in Blu.

Thanks everyone, I greatly appreciate your comments and help. It has been 8 years since I have been on a Celebrity Cruise (been on RC mainly the past few years), I am eager to see if the food and the service are still as good as I remember (been hearing good and bad things lately).

I am also hoping this cruise will be amazing cause I am bringing someone very special to me who has only been on Carnival and has had bad experiences :(

Really hoping to show her how great cruising is and maybe pop the question :)

Thanks Bakersboy, I hope AQ is the best of both worlds like you said :)

Thank you Wine-O and tweeterbug, This will be my first time on the M class (but my brothers have both been on Summit before the mods and loved it), so I am hoping the mods made it better than when they went.

Thank you Koolforkatz if Blu is as good as you said then I am going with AQ.

Thank you Phoenix_Dream, I hope the responces I get help you to and I hope youre cruise is amazing and I look foward to hearing about it if you post after.

Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Archived