Lost World Canopy and Rappelling Tour

sharkaymon

I am considering this shore excursion while in Belize and sure would like some input. DH is 59 and I am 56. We are able to walk long distances. Both of us are "pleasingly plump":o Some might call us "fluffy";) . Would love to hear any experiences and suggestions for this tour. We will be on the Grand in December.

Can't get anywhere on the link - you may want to repost it by just pasting in the link itself. I can tell you that my former GF who was only late 30's at the time did a canopy tour in Costa Rica. She was 5' 4" but a very full figured lady - quite heavy for her height. She had no issue with the ziplines used in the canopy tour and tried to encourage her 65 year old mom to try it. Her mom declined but could have done it if she'd chosen to.

Is the balance of that tour something to do with caves? (sorry can't see the link). Just about anyone can do a cave tubing tour even if they're in marginal physical condition but the cave trips that involve hiking in 45 minutes and clambering through small openings might be tougher if you are fluffy.

We didn't do the canopy tour in Belize, but we just got back from the one in Jamaica. The walk is the most difficult part. It's basically a hike along a trail in the woods. I'm sure if you are within the weight restrictions, you won't have a problem. It's a lot of fun.

We also did a zipline in Hawaii and some of the people with us were in their 70s. Go for it!

My DH and I are in our late 40's and did this in Belize this past February. There were several heavy - older people who did just fine. It was a lot of fun and the company is very good - they take care of all the hooking and unhooking of the lines...you're always hooked to something for safety. What we noticed that was nice is they paid very specific attention to each guest and ensured you were ok.

Archived