shell fish allergy

newcatintown

I should know the answer to this, but I'm not 100% sure. My nephew will be sailing in about three weeks. He has severe shell fish allergies, and so does his soon to be wife. I've recommended they contact special needs to let them know ahead of time. They live their day to day with no problems, so is this just overkill on my part? Thanks.

I should know the answer to this, but I'm not 100% sure. My nephew will be sailing in about three weeks. He has severe shell fish allergies, and so does his soon to be wife. I've recommended they contact special needs to let them know ahead of time. They live their day to day with no problems, so is this just overkill on my part? Thanks.

They certainly should let the cruise staff know ahead of time, and reenforce it as soon as they are on board. Several people I know have bad food allergies and they have always been able to get things that they can eat and that have not be contaiminated by other foods. But the kitchen needs warnings well in advance.

We travel with a family whose son who has the same allergy. He hasn't had a problem.

We do avoid the Mongolian grill.

Between the two kids we have allergies to shellfish, chocolate, egg whites, peanuts and treenuts. We have had more of a problem with the chocolate allergy.

They certainly should let the cruise staff know ahead of time, and reenforce it as soon as they are on board. Several people I know have bad food allergies and they have always been able to get things that they can eat and that have not be contaiminated by other foods. But the kitchen needs warnings well in advance.

Mucho gracias mi amigo. That's what I was thinking. No problem avoiding the obvious, but was concerned about possible cross contamination. Thanks for pointing out to bring it to their attention once on board. I'll pass that along also.

Archived