Split to Hvar and back in time?

Hi, apologies if this is a repeat of another thread but is it possible to take a hydrofoil or boat from Split to the island of Hvar and back again in one day? We arrive in Split at 7am and depart at 4pm. We've done Split before and my mother was from Hvar so would love to visit if it is a safe option. RCCL don't have any excursions there. Would love to hear from anyone in the know.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

• 2 months later...

We went to Hvar from split both ways on a very fast taxi boat. It was expensive but worth it to the 4 of us. Maybe take the ferry or catamaran to Hvar to save $ and use the 45 min. very fast boat back that you set up. We used them both directions from Split when we were there on our cruise, because we also really wanted to go to Hvar. It's the most popular Croatian island. They charged us 350 Euros for one way or 600 Euros round trip. Dalmatia-express.com I emailed back and forth with Josko Petric before deciding to go. Maybe try to get some other people from your cruise to go with you to split the cost. I would say that 8 could go very comfortably....and up to 10 people.

Hi, apologies if this is a repeat of another thread but is it possible to take a hydrofoil or boat from Split to the island of Hvar and back again in one day? We arrive in Split at 7am and depart at 4pm. We've done Split before and my mother was from Hvar so would love to visit if it is a safe option. RCCL don't have any excursions there. Would love to hear from anyone in the know.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

It is about an hour from Split to Hvar by speedboat. Very easy to do in the time suggested.

Archived