Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

About wyattsaunt

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

About Me

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. My sibling and I each got our refunds for 6/6 cruise this week but we are first timers with Seabourn and have zero elite status. We live in the Seattle area. We each filed disputes with two different credit card companies—Chase Explorer and Costco Citibank—but they were filed on different dates and the disputes were not yet completed, so I don’t think that was a factor, either. It does seem as if the refunds are being processed by different groups within the SB organization.
  2. As I wrote yesterday, I called Chase today and confirmed that both the deposit and final payment has been refunded by SB to our cc prior to the completion of the dispute we filed mid-May. Chase will end the dispute process and send the funds to us either as a electronic transfer or check within about a week. JPH814, please update the spreadsheet to reflect a full refund for me. FWIW, my sister, who does not post on Cruise Critic, also received the same full refund as I did on June 4, for the same June 6 cruise, for which we both requested option 2 on 4/15, after SB cancelled the cru
  3. I’m wondering if those who are getting refunds, whose sailings were to be in May and June, while many with March and April sailings haven’t yet received theirs, might be due to complexity of the refund. I posted earlier today that, regardless of my cc dispute, SB appears to have refunded the final payment for our June 6 cruise, but we are still waiting for the $4150 deposit to be made permanent. My sister was to be on the same cruise and had paid separately. She had also filed a dispute for both the deposit and final payment on a Costco Citibank card, but today she checked with Citi
  4. It’s probably too soon to post this on the spreadsheet as a true refund, but I thought I’d share the following details regarding our 6/6/20 Greek Odyssey cruise ($4150 deposit paid 8/2019 + $14750 cruise fare/FlightEase fare paid 3/8/2020) April 14: CANCELLED BY SB April 15: OPTION 2 full refund requested. No confirmation of our choice was sent. May 6: called SB to ask for receipt. The agent refused to email a receipt and told me refunds would be processed within 60 BUSINESS days. May 18: Credit card dispute paperwork filed for full amount with Chase May 27: Rec
  5. Swaxxy and flyfishingwidow: glad to see you got your full refunds. Question: did you file a dispute with your credit card?
  6. My sister called Seabourn today so she could document that she contacted them before filing a credit card dispute. The customer service agent didn’t bother to ask for her confirmation number but asked when she filed for option 2-refund request, which was 4/15. Agent said refund would take up to 60 days from that date, plus 7-10 days more for bank to process the refund. Sister asked if that was calendar days or business days; she was told it was calendar days. She asked when refunds were going to be done and was told a big batch would be going out Friday, May 22. She asked if any ref
  7. I’m glad to hear that 3 of us on this thread have received a refund of their cruise fare. If I’m not mistaken, all three of you live outside the US and it sounds like the regulations regarding refunds are more stringent for cruise companies in the U.K. and Australia than here in the US. I live in Seattle. I’ve been lurking on the Princess and Holland America refund threads and, like here, people are starting to get their excursions refunded but are still waiting for their cruise and FlightEase refunds going back to March. When I called Seabourn on May 6, I was told excursions and onboard
  8. Zelker, thank you SO much for your detailed explanation of your experience with filing a dispute with Chase. I called Chase last night to ask the same questions you did. I was on hold for an hour and 10 minutes before I gave up. Your post was so helpful to me, and probably many others. Thank you!
  9. I'm still doing research on whether or not to file a dispute with the credit card company now or wait until the 60 days expire which Seabourn has specified as the length of time they need to process our refund. My traveling buddy (sister) called our TA today and asked her advice on whether or not to file a credit card dispute. The TA said she didn't think we should yet. We're only 24 days out from the date of our refund request. She said it would "complicate things and could negatively impact the TA". She advised patience and wait the 60 days. FWIW, the TA told my s
  10. When (if?) people on the spreadsheet start getting refunds, it would be interesting to know whether they had asked for a charge back on their credit cards. If you’d rather not include this on the spreadsheet, jph814, I understand. I know you want to keep things simple. Perhaps any individual who did file a dispute with his or her credit card company could post this fact when they get the refund. My sister and I are still debating whether to file a dispute wit our credit card issuers or wait 60 calendar days before doing so. In researching the pros and cons of this, I read an article
  11. Yes, I had to ASK the agent if it was 60 BUSINESS days or 60 CALENDAR days. As you point out JPH814, there is a HUGE difference.
  12. FWIW, when I spoke to a Seabourn customer service agent on 5/7, I asked why I had gotten numerous emails cancelling my dinner reservations and excursions, (all $0), but no confirmation of my refund request. The agent told me the excursions and onboard reservations are handled by a different group within the company than the one that processes the cruise portion. She kept repeating that all refunds would take 60 BUSINESS days, not calendar days. June 6 Greek Odyssey: cancelled 4/14 by Seabourn/refund requested 4/15 BTW, I cancelled 1 excursion for $480 In March and it was b
  13. Our fully-paid June 6 cruise was cancelled by Seabourn on April 14. TA submitted refund request April 15. I was concerned because our TA received no written confirmation that we asked for a refund instead of 125% FCC and we have no recourse if the June 1 deadline passes and Seabourn says, "Sorry, we didn't get your request for a refund and you must take the automatic FCC." I got annoyed when I saw that our dinner reservations, shore excursions and flights were promptly cancelled and even more annoyed when I checked the website and it still shows our cruise as a go and nothing about our
  • Create New...