Help need beach day advise ASAP

gamecockinnc

We cruise on the Breeze tomorrow getting ready to head to the airport now to fly to Miami. I am looking for a relaxing beach day in Aruba?

Any suggestions? It is just my husband and myself and possibly other adult couples. Looking for ease and comfort. I know we cab taxi to De Palm beach but if we do please provide details and suggestions exactly where to go.

My just get a day pass. If anyone knows about the Renaissance or Occidental please let me know.

How did you book a day pass at the Aruba Occidental? They haven't answered me and we set sail tomorrow? Also, how much was the day pass, what did it include, how far from the port is the Occidental and for anyone who's been there do you recommend it?

Thanks,

TA

It is Palm Beach. ;)

The Occidental is on Palm Beach. You can purchase their day pass at the front desk.

A taxi will cost $14 each way for up to a maximum of 5 people as permitted by law. Add an additional $3 each way on Sundays and national holidays.

The Taxi ride should be no more than 20 minutes, but could take longer depending upon the amount of traffic in downtown Oranjestad.

If you decide against going to the Occidental...

Ask to be dropped off at the entrance to De Palm Pier- long red line extending from the street to beach in picture below. Take the walkway from the street out towards the beach. On the right hand side there are 2 vendors- see location in picture below- who rent chaises and umbrellas. Bugaloe Bar and Grill is at the end of the pier. There are also hotel beachside restaurants at the Radisson and Hyatt.

When you are ready to depart simply walk thought the Radisson property and out to their lobby where there should be taxis waiting outside. If not the bellman will call one for you.

palm_beach.jpg