Just off Freedom of the Seas 2-4-17 to 2-12-17

dizneydawn

Luggage Valet Form...

Our cruise did offer valet luggage and I got a copy of that handout if any one needs it.

-

Thanks so much for the review, Dawn.

If you could please post the current Luggage Valet handout(s) from Freedom of the Seas, that would be wonderful! :)

---

CJ

Edited by cj02

Mary,

We purchased the 10-drink card on this cruise and it was $88.50 ($75 plus service charge). The nice thing about the card is that you are able to share it with others and we were able to use it for all drinks(including wine), all venues and in all price ranges.

Sharon

Food:

We ate at Chops the first night. It was good but not out of this world. I thought my steak was better on NCL at Cagney's Steakhouse. My Caesar salad was really good.

We ate at Sabor the second night. We absolutely loved it!! We also had lunch one day too! We had guacamole with chips, queso fundito ([emoji171][emoji22]❤️️[emoji177]), calamari for starters. I had the three cheese quesadilla for my main meal both times.

Monday and Tuesday we ate dinner at Windjammer as we did not feel like changing for dinner. It was good. I had a salad!

Wednesday we ate at the Chef's Table and it was a meal to remember! I plan to do a separate post about it with pictures. The wine [emoji485] manager gave hubby a discount because he does not drink any alcohol at all. So ask if you are in a similar situation. His name is Ben and the bartender Lovely in Vintages called him over to discuss whether he could do it for less without wine.

Thursday we ate dinner at Johnny Rockets. It was really good!!

Friday we hit Windjammer again. I was too full from eating a late lunch at Sabor! This was the second formal night. Hubby had NY strip steak and lobster cooked to order. I made a separate post about this, here is a pic of his plate. 7fb04ab8507e589ab58991a6c22e4e9a.jpg

Saturday was our final night and we ate at Giovanni's. My filet was better than the steak in Chops! Great meal.

We never made it to the dining room for dinner. We did have two lunches in the dining room and I really Loved the salad bar there. The second time we ordered from the menu and both enjoyed our food. We ate several breakfasts at the dining room and I did the bar that had granola, yogurt and fruit.

Over all we were very pleased with our food on our cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dawn,

We were at Chef's Table on Wednesday night also. We were the couple (Bart & Sharon) sitting to your right. This was definitely a highlight of the cruise--would highly recommend it to anyone! We also had dinner at Giovanni's one night and it was an excellent meal. We ate in the dining room the rest of the cruise and found it to be very good! Shout out to other "island" diners (Deck 5 Galileo) and to our waiters Rodson and Griban.

Sharon

We ate at Sabor the second night. We absolutely loved it!! We also had lunch one day too! We had guacamole with chips, queso fundito ([emoji171][emoji22]❤️️[emoji177]), calamari for starters. I had the three cheese quesadilla for my main meal both times.

Do you remember the price for Sabor? I have been searching and see conflicting amounts. Thanks.

Mary,

We purchased the 10-drink card on this cruise and it was $88.50 ($75 plus service charge). The nice thing about the card is that you are able to share it with others and we were able to use it for all drinks(including wine), all venues and in all price ranges.

Sharon

Thank you for the information. I just completed my cruise and we got the 10 drink card on Friday. Ours was actually $75 total ($63.56 plus $11.44 service charge). We loved that we could share it and definitely got our moneys worth (long island iced teas and frozen Miami Vice!) :cool:

Do you remember the price for Sabor? I have been searching and see conflicting amounts. Thanks.

We did the BOGO before the cruise and it was $30 each for both restaurants. Sorry I can't give u a better answer!!

Dawn,

We were at Chef's Table on Wednesday night also. We were the couple (Bart & Sharon) sitting to your right. This was definitely a highlight of the cruise--would highly recommend it to anyone! We also had dinner at Giovanni's one night and it was an excellent meal. We ate in the dining room the rest of the cruise and found it to be very good! Shout out to other "island" diners (Deck 5 Galileo) and to our waiters Rodson and Griban.

Sharon

Hi!! It was amazing!! Glad u had a great cruise like we did!!

Any one have photos beach bungalows on Columbus Cove

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have pictures of them from last Tuesday when I was in one, but this site won't let me attach them because it says they are missing a security token. If anyone can provide some insight as to a remedy....

I have pictures of them from last Tuesday when I was in one, but this site won't let me attach them because it says they are missing a security token. If anyone can provide some insight as to a remedy....

I would love to see!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Do you have the details about the 10 drink card? I have seen it mentioned a few times on this forum but no details as far as how much, what it type of drink it includes, etc.

Thank you!

Mary

This is from last week on Liberty of the Seas. It's most likely the same on FOS.

2mrh8pf.jpg

Any idea what day of the cruise it was made available?

On the Liberty cruise it was on Friday of a 7 night (Sunday to Sunday) cruise.

According to OP on her 8 night (Saturday to Sunday) cruise it was offered on Thursday.

I wasn't on the Liberty sailing (my mom sent me that photo and info from her cruise last week), so speaking from what my mom has told me. The LOS last port was Friday and OP's FOS last port was also on Friday, however, Friday on Freedom was at Labadee (where I assume the punch card can be used just like any other beverage package). Both cruises ended on a Sunday, but one released the card a day earlier, so I'm totally speculating that since Labadee was the last port, the punch cards were available a day earlier since there was more time to purchase and use the cards.

I would love for someone to confirm or dispute my theory.

Edited by congonati

Labadee is not the last port on the Freedom 8 day. I know this because I just got off the last one. Labadee was on day 3. I spotted the drink card on day 6, St. Kitts, Thursday, in the Bull & Bear pub. I noticed it because it is often talked about on these boards, but I didn't pay attention to the price because I had the drink package already.

Labadee is not the last port on the Freedom 8 day. I know this because I just got off the last one. Labadee was on day 3. I spotted the drink card on day 6, St. Kitts, Thursday, in the Bull & Bear pub. I noticed it because it is often talked about on these boards, but I didn't pay attention to the price because I had the drink package already.

Labadee is also on day 3 next week on Freedom for us.

There goes that theory! lol Thanks for the clarification. I had pulled up a future itinerary and assumed it was the same.

Luggage Valet Form...

Thanks so much for the review, Dawn.

If you could please post the current Luggage Valet handout(s) from Freedom of the Seas, that would be wonderful!

So sorry I have not been back!! I have been mostly sleeping and working!! I hope to have the energy to get my pictures loaded this weekend!!

-

Hi Dawn, I'm still following! Thanks much (in advance) if you also get the chance to post the Luggage Valet form too. :)