Reserving the Chaple

Hello all, I was looking to renew my vows on The Allure for my 10 year. However RC's 2k minimun wedding package is too rich for my blood.

I was wondering if I can reserve the chapel for my own purposes.

The plan would be my wife and few guests like my kids and mother would go in the Chaple and just read our vows to each other the go to a specialty dining and do dinner.

These seems like an inexpensive option for a unofficial "ceremony"

Allure no longer had a chapel. They removed it on the last dry dock . :(. That being said, Royal can and will do a nice ceremony if you reach out to them well in advance of the sailing. On Allure, I am sure they can find a place to have a memorable renewal service. Congrats on the Anniversary!!

I think the renewal cost is much less than the actual wedding cost.

What itinerary are you considering? You could look at renewing at a church or chapel in Port. I know someone who did this at the Catholic Church in the Bahamas and it was wonderful. Plus they got to take pictures on the beach!

Allure no longer had a chapel. They removed it on the last dry dock . :(. That being said, Royal can and will do a nice ceremony if you reach out to them well in advance of the sailing. On Allure, I am sure they can find a place to have a memorable renewal service. Congrats on the Anniversary!!

I think the renewal cost is much less than the actual wedding cost.

Well that puts a kink in plans. I called RC and they connected me to RC weddings which is different branch or company. Minimum price for any type of ceremony even what I said was simple vow renewal was $2k. Way too much for getting almost nothing.

Well that puts a kink in plans. I called RC and they connected me to RC weddings which is different branch or company. Minimum price for any type of ceremony even what I said was simple vow renewal was $2k. Way too much for getting almost nothing.

Agree would not pay that for a renewal. What itnereary are you considering? See my update about maybe doing it at Port in a local church?

Agree would not pay that for a renewal. What itnereary are you considering? See my update about maybe doing it at Port in a local church?

Yeah I saw thanks gonna post in the port of call sections of where we are going. Think Nassau, cozumel, costa maya and coxen hole I think.

Yeah I saw thanks gonna post in the port of call sections of where we are going. Think Nassau, cozumel, costa maya and coxen hole I think.

Based on your username, I'm guessing Catholic. St Paul in Nassau is beautiful. Check them out. The Diocese website has the Pastor's contact info.. Keep us posted and enjoy!

I would look at Sky Reef Chapel, or for more low-key, Punta Morena ( maybe by cross(?) but also other locations), or lots of private east-side locations on Cozumel. I believe Nachi Cocom can also set up private area?

ToursPlaza used to arrange vow renewal with Mayan ceremony, or perhaps if you need group transport they could coordinate with an event elsewhere if you let them know what you are looking for. Lots of Catholic churches on Cozumel.

I was on ind last year. And it had nothing was preventing people from going in the chapel. So i think if you go on a ship that had a chapel you could easily do something unofficial. Or maybe you can splurge and get a nice suite. And do it on the balcony and then enjoy the suite for the rest of your cruise.