Questions for old old time cruisers.

joeyancho

One thing that wasn't so great back in the 1970's when sailing on Sitmar. I don't remember why, but you couldn't use curling irons or blow dryers in the cabin. They set up an area with a large mirror, and it was like a high school girls' locker room with everyone trying to get ready for dinner at the same time. I can't remember exactly what it was like, but it was an inside area--maybe like the crew area you can see when they're loading/unloading luggage. It was pretty grim--and very, very hot!

Yes, basically what you described above except I don't remember them being too terribly hot. Also, we had to use a converter they provided to use our 120 appliances.

Actually, it was sort of fun in a way ... made friends with many women who were normally there the same time I was. :D

Yes, basically what you described above except I don't remember them being too terribly hot. Also, we had to use a converter they provided to use our 120 appliances.

Actually, it was sort of fun in a way ... made friends with many women who were normally there the same time I was. :D

I guess it was the converters that we needed to use. We were on a Caribbean cruise in the middle of July, so it was hot in there. I sure miss Sitmar. We used to run into former Sitmar staff on our cruises, but I guess most of them have retired by now.