TV and HDMI on Silhouette

clo6216

Has anyone who recently sailed on Silhouette had any luck connecting an HDMI cable to the television? Also, what brand of television is in the cabins? On a recent RCCL cruise, I brought a Samsung remote to switch inputs and an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the TV. Just wondering what I will need on an upcoming Silhouette cruise. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Has anyone who recently sailed on Silhouette had any luck connecting an HDMI cable to the television? Also, what brand of television is in the cabins? On a recent RCCL cruise, I brought a Samsung remote to switch inputs and an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the TV. Just wondering what I will need on an upcoming Silhouette cruise. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Just returned from TA on Silhouette in a CS. I was able to use the HDMI on both TV's. One was locked in Hotel mode the other was already unlocked. I asked the Butler to have it unlocked and it was quickly done by engineering.

The TV's are Samsung. Your Samsung Remote should work perfectly. I have Samsung TV's at home and brought one of mine. You simply press the source button to select the port you wish to use. When you power off the TV it automatically reverts to the Ships default setting.

Edited by Jim_Iain

A brilliant suggestion to bring a Samsung remote from home. I noticed on Equinox that the TV signal from the ship is actually delivered from a computer cable, not HDMI.

Nice way to watch your own videos or view vacation pics on the screen with your PC or tablet feeding the TV. I love CC for just this type of brainstorming. Thanks much.

A brilliant suggestion to bring a Samsung remote from home. I noticed on Equinox that the TV signal from the ship is actually delivered from a computer cable, not HDMI.

Nice way to watch your own videos or view vacation pics on the screen with your PC or tablet feeding the TV. I love CC for just this type of brainstorming. Thanks much.

You are correct the ships information comes in via a combination of DVI (shared port HDMI1) and a Ethernet type connector. You can see a picture in the link below. On the TV's in my room there were also HDMI ports on the side so you didn't need to disconnect the DVI cable. Others have said you can unplug the DVI Cable and plug your device into HDMI 1 and don't need to change the selection. I have never tried this as in the suites the TV's are mounted on the wall and you can't get to the back of the TV.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35332761&postcount=32