Pictures? Splendor 6440, 6448, 6475 or 6483

Cruzin 1025

We are staying in one of the L-shaped cabins on Upper deck on the Splendor in March. Does anyone have pictures of these cabins? We stayed in one on the Victory and LOVED it! Hoping we'll like the one on Splendor as much.

Thanks in advance.

Tracey

We had 6483 on the Splendor over NYears and it has by far been the worst "l shaped" cabin we have had!! The vibration is so horrific, it seems like there is something wrong with the ship. We were awoken really early in one prot, like 5 am and the shaking and vibration make things on the vanity fall off on to the floor and your whole body would just shake in bed.

This was our 13th cruise so it is not like I haven't had enough opportunties to see how other ships handle in the aft. We always do the "L shaped" cabins and I would not recommend this to an enemy!!!

We were doing an early breakfast in the dining room and it was shaking and rattling like I have never seen either!!

It was disappointing to say the least and cabins are not cheap over the holidays.

We were in the aft wrap 6485, which is not what you want to know about, but I did look at 6483 the day we left. I would be happy with that room and would choose that space if the wrap was not available. The room was laid out nicely and the balcony was very large.

As to vibration and noise, I don't think it was an issue for us. We were on such a rocky, turbulent sea that I don't think vibration would have been noticeable. I would take the room if you have the choice.

As always, this opinion and the one above just tells you that each cruise and each experience can be different. Enjoy whatever you choose.

• 2 months later...

We're back from the Splendor and again I LOVED the L-shaped cabin. The only thing that could have been better is that it didn't have a couch, but otherwise it was a great cabin. Two big picture windows provided lots of light, the TV was positioned perfectly across from the bed to allow us to stretch out and watch TV.

We did not experience as much of the shaking and vibration as we did in a similar cabin on the Victory. Perhaps that part just depends on the seas during your cruise or something.

Since I'm sure others would be interested, here are a few of my pictures.

2652217000103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2300288860103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2636938820103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2851919570103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

Peaceful, I will be sailing on the Splendor and have an aft wrap booked. I have read that the views are great, but my concern is that there is no overhang, so there is no shade or privacy. I still have not seen any pictures, but after just looking at the L-shape from CoolCruiser (thank you for the pics) it seems like there is more shade and privacy. Being that you have seen both, I would love your opinion. We are on deck 8, under the lido. The noise wouldn't bother me, but I don't know that I would use the balcony with no shade and am uneasy with the lack of privacy. I don't know if it is just the 8th deck with no overhang or if all the aft wraps are the same. I would appreciate any input or advice you may have. Thanks so much!

This is the corner wrap 6485 on the opposite corner from the L-shaped cabin above. There was very little overhang and we were on the bottom, yet didn't feel we were being "watched". There wasn't a whole lot of shade at times, but naturally, it depended on the direction we were heading. It was not an issue to us, but it was November and not hot. Other times, there was full shade.

P1140647.jpg

This is from someone else and shows the rear corner rooms. Maybe you can figure it out from this.

outsideview.jpg

Sorry I couldn't have been more help, but I know you will be thrilled with this cabin no matter where you are. I prefer it over a suite.

Peaceful, thank you so much for the picture and advice! It WAS a big help. You just made me think that October wouldn't be much different than November, so the "sun" issue may not be such a big deal after all. Better than a suite?! I am so excited!! Thank you again!!!

I have lots of pictures of this cabin and balcony. If you are interested, I will post more. I did post a lot when we first got back, but for some reason, all the photos were removed by photobucket. I am willing to do it again.

When you ever open your balcony door and look at what is all yours, you will just giggle! The room itself was laid out beautifully and did have a sofa. Honestly, I would take it over a suite hands down.

I have lots of pictures of this cabin and balcony. If you are interested, I will post more. I did post a lot when we first got back, but for some reason, all the photos were removed by photobucket. I am willing to do it again.

When you ever open your balcony door and look at what is all yours, you will just giggle! The room itself was laid out beautifully and did have a sofa. Honestly, I would take it over a suite hands down.

I remember your pics, thanks again for posting all of those!! We're on the other side in 2 days. :D

Peaceful, if it is not too much trouble...I would love to see some pictures. I have tried to locate some pictures of an aft wrap on the Splendor, but no luck. I am sure it is me--not looking in the right place. If it is too much work--please don't worry. I am just curious at this point. I think I will take your advice and stay put. I'll just make sure to check out some of the other cabins while I am on the ship--then compare for future cruises. I will think of you when I start my "balcony giggle". Thanks again!

Peaceful, if it is not too much trouble...I would love to see some pictures. I have tried to locate some pictures of an aft wrap on the Splendor, but no luck. I am sure it is me--not looking in the right place. If it is too much work--please don't worry. I am just curious at this point. I think I will take your advice and stay put. I'll just make sure to check out some of the other cabins while I am on the ship--then compare for future cruises. I will think of you when I start my "balcony giggle". Thanks again!

I always take WAY more pictures of our cabin than necessary. 6450 will be forever documented in minute detail upon my return. :D:o

As requested. Aggie, I'll look forward to seeing yours too!

Thanks for posting those again!! They just made me even more excited.

And the shot of the true aft portion of the balcony - wow! Everyone always said they were the deepest of the afts, but that really shows it! We've only had deck 8 until now, looking forward to it. And I will have plenty of pictures, don't worry. ;)

Peaceful, The pictures were great!! I was actually jumping in my seat while viewing them. Can the balcony really be that big?! I am now so excited and think that October is too far away...I may just spend the entire cruise on the balcony! Thank You! Thank You and Thank You again for sharing your pictures. They were perfect :)

Hello,

We saw those room available on the Splendor when we sail....but I hesitate because it is either in the front of the ship or in the back of the ship.

If someone in our group is sensitive to motion sickness...would you recommend these room? Does it really matter if you are in front of the ship or in the back?

Thanks,

Tibbie

Peaceful, The pictures were great!! I was actually jumping in my seat while viewing them. Can the balcony really be that big?! I am now so excited and think that October is too far away...I may just spend the entire cruise on the balcony! Thank You! Thank You and Thank You again for sharing your pictures. They were perfect :)

I am smiling from ear to ear knowing how excited you are now and will be then. My pleasure.

Hello,

We saw those room available on the Splendor when we sail....but I hesitate because it is either in the front of the ship or in the back of the ship.

If someone in our group is sensitive to motion sickness...would you recommend these room? Does it really matter if you are in front of the ship or in the back?

Thanks,

Tibbie

My husband is very sensitive to motion sickness. We were in an aft wrap with 60 mph winds and 15-20 foot seas. The back of the ship seemed to rock from side to side; the front seemed more up and down (at least by our perception). With the bonine we started before we left and Motion Eaze, he was not sick one minute. IF he enjoyed cruising, he would choose this aft cabin again. That all being said, there is less perceived motion center and low on the ship.

Hello,

Thanks,

Tibbie

I didn't have any trouble on the Splendor, but I honestly think whether you have problems has to do with the seas on that particular voyage than on where you are. I've stayed in the forward most cabin and aft most cabin and been fine for the most part, and have had issues in cabins in the middle part of the ship at times. Also done the same ship and itinerary and had different experiences.

The motion aft is not nearly as bad as motion forward. My spouse can get seasick and did fine in an aft wrap on the Pride last year.

I am tempted by the pictures of the aft wrap balcony rooms on the Splendor.

The Splendor is a very nice ship. You will have a great time. I had a Spa Balcony. Nice room but the balcony seemed small after the aft wrap.

I know, I am a spoiled brat.

Tom in Long Beach

Archived