Tendering at St. Thomas -- Where?

judyzoo

When ships tender at St. Thomas, where does the tender drop the passengers off? Yes, I know that most ships dock at Havensight, but QM2 says that it tenders, so I’m wondering where we’re going to wind up.

When we were in St Thomas in April the Sun Princess dropped anchor in the middle of the harbor and tendered into downtown.

So the plus side of having to tender in is that you don't have to pay for a taxi into downtown.

When we were in St Thomas in April the Sun Princess dropped anchor in the middle of the harbor and tendered into downtown.

So the plus side of having to tender in is that you don't have to pay for a taxi into downtown.

That would be perfect for me, since I'm planning to get into downtown on this cruise. We've been to St. Thomas several times, but never wandered around the downtown area, so I'm ready for that now.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually found tendering to be ok. We were dropped off right inf front of downtown and it was a short ride. The only down side was we decided to stay in town after the beach because we didn't want to go back to the ship but easily could have made it back and forth and done our shopping.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

AT THIS MOMENT (3:00 pm EST) THE qm2 is docked not anchored at St thomas.. last december we tendered in to the center of St thomas in rough and windy seas very organized and all went rather quickly and a beautifull view of the island the harbor and the ship while tendering

Archived