E-ticket Receipts -- Detail

zorrosuncle

If you're asking about the actual boarding passes, within 24 hours of departure you can go do the Delta Airlines website and print your boarding pass using the ticket#. If that's inconvenient, you can just go directly to the kiosk at the airport and enter your flight confirmation code or ticket# and print the boarding pass there. Depending on the flight and your status, you may also have to pay the fee for your baggage. I usually do my outbound boarding pass at home, and do my returns at the airport.

If you're asking about a simple document with your flight details, again go to the Delta Airlines website and click on "My Trips" and enter your confirmation# and name.

Edited by Dave in NJ

If you're asking about the actual boarding passes, within 24 hours of departure you can go do the Delta Airlines website and print your boarding pass using the ticket#. If that's inconvenient, you can just go directly to the kiosk at the airport and enter your flight confirmation code or ticket# and print the boarding pass there. Depending on the flight and your status, you may also have to pay the fee for your baggage. I usually do my outbound boarding pass at home, and do my returns at the airport.

If you're asking about a simple document with your flight details, again go to the Delta Airlines website and click on "My Trips" and enter your confirmation# and name.

I'm not asking about flight details or boarding passes. But how do I print off the receipts themselves???

ZU

Sorry I misunderstood your question. I don't know that I've had a "conventional" receipt for airfare since e-tickets came into being, but doesn't the fact that your flights are listed in My Trips on the Delta website and on your HAL itinerary, really constitute a receipt? You can print those documents.

I'm not asking about flight details or boarding passes. But how do I print off the receipts themselves???

ZU

You should be able to look up your tickets on the airline site by using the ticket number and your name. If that doesn't work for you, call the airline and ask them.

Sorry I misunderstood your question. I don't know that I've had a "conventional" receipt for airfare since e-tickets came into being, but doesn't the fact that your flights are listed in My Trips on the Delta website and on your HAL itinerary, really constitute a receipt? You can print those documents.

Every major airline's website gives you the opportunity to get the receipt for the ticket you purchase....when you buy it directly from them. However, when you are dealing with a third party reseller, you are no longer the airline's customer. You are buying from the reseller and can only get a receipt from them, FOR YOUR PURCHASE, not the reseller's purchase of the ticket from the airline.

Guess what....that would show you the markup that the reseller is getting! So you don't have access to that.

Assuming the OP bought from HAL, then the only receipt is what you would get from.....duh, HAL. Not from Delta, nor any other carrier. You would get a ticket number but no receipt.

We never pay much attention to the ticket number once we have booked. We are more interested in the locator code so that we can reconfirm the flight, do seat assignments, etc.

Booked a cruise air flight last week. Had our locator codes within an hour. Went to the airline site, verified the flights/dates, and selected our seats.

We never pay much attention to the ticket number once we have booked. We are more interested in the locator code so that we can reconfirm the flight, do seat assignments, etc.

Booked a cruise air flight last week. Had our locator codes within an hour. Went to the airline site, verified the flights/dates, and selected our seats.

You had better pay attention to the ticket number. Because without that, you have no ticket. And especially if you have codeshares or multiple airlines, sometimes the locator isn't enough. I've had situations where I have a locator but no ticket number. Which meant....I had a "reservation", but I didn't have a "ticket". And those are two VERY different things. That "reservation" may sit and sit and never actually be ticketed. (And yes, I got that resolved before my date of flight).

Yes, the locator is the convenient reference point. But I never travel without the ticket number as well. And FYI, the ticket number is a 13 digit unique identifier, with the first three digits signifying the issuing carrier.