M-Class Staterooms: 6053 vs. 6035 on the Summit?

dcinmb

Looking for some guidance to help me decide between #6053 and #6035, which are the same price because of a free upgrade. From what I've read on CC so far:

- 6035's veranda is twice as big as that of a standard veranda, whereas 6053's is 50% bigger

- 6053 offers more wind protection and privacy

- 6053 may be slightly more stable as it's a bit closer to mid-ship. (We don't tend to get seasick so this isn't a concern)

I like the extra width of 6053's veranda but I'm concerned that it's right on top of a lifeboat (see attached pics of 6048 which is the starboard counterpart of 6053). However, I'm assuming that this won't be an issue unless I'm standing at the railing trying to look down at the water?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1382732871_FullSizeRender(1).jpg.d942f26b9d4300dc4628287633533aae.jpg

1360582342_FullSizeRender(2).jpg.47ec6db192615b47befbdb00ed29d1e3.jpg

Stayed in 6030 on the Summit (opposite side of 6035 and same layout). We loved the location, balcony size (yes, clearly double a regular balcony) and view down the side of the ship. We did not find wind a problem, the cabin was quiet and stable enough for us in the Caribbean. I would highly recommend this location and would choose this over looking at lifeboats for the same price.

Note: When sitting or standing at the railing you have no privacy as people can look down on you, move closer to your door and you have total privacy.

I'm loving the positive comments about 6035...we are booked in that cabin on the Summit for a b2b next month!! After having a forward facing hump cabin on the Silhouette we are very much looking forward to this sweet sixteen with the bigger balcony...can't believe they're classified as 2C's!

I'm loving the positive comments about 6035...we are booked in that cabin on the Summit for a b2b next month!! After having a forward facing hump cabin on the Silhouette we are very much looking forward to this sweet sixteen with the bigger balcony...can't believe they're classified as 2C's!

Despite the larger balcony there are no foot stools. Others have suggested bringing an inflatable beach ball. We just used the coffee table that was outside for our feet and brought the glass coffee table outside for our drinks.

You will love that view and that cabin.

Thank you, monicajay, Essiesmom and Barwick Cruiser! Sounds like 6035 is the way to go. (Although we still haven't heard from anyone that's actually stayed in one of the 6053-type staterooms with the triangular verandas!;))