Princess - OBC question

RandallFlagg

Sailing to Alaska in August - I have everything paid for (tips, flowers, drink packages, etc). Here's my question: DW wants the "all inclusive photo package" and a Coffee Card. No problem - but I have put both in the "Cruise Personalizer" and am curious - can I use OBC for these items or do I need to go ahead and pay now?

Not a big deal either way - but the OBC is fairly substantial and I want to use it all (if you know what I mean) :D

If any portion of the OBC is refundable, you'll get it back within a couple weeks of your cruise (they told us 6 but it came in about 3 weeks).

There's no advantage to purchasing the coffee cards prior to boarding--I'd wait and do that on the ship on embarkation day. I don't know whether there is a price advantage to the photo package. Again, I'd wait unless there is benefit to doing it in advance.

We found no advantage to ordering actual items in advance as we didn't have the item in our cabin. There was a voucher in the cabin which we then had to take to a specific location to exchange it for the item. Advance ordering didn't save time, hassle, or money.

Edited by moki'smommy

Your terminology was totally correct.

We had a HUGE amount of OBC on one cruise because Princess needed our cabin. We got our entire cruise fare refunded in exchange for moving from a balcony to an inside. Turns out they had a corporate group that booked a whole lot of balcony cabins and needed a couple of HAs. I was as careful with it as I would have been with something coming off my credit card--if there was a price advantage to ordering in advance, we did so. If not, we waited and bought it on the ship to use up some of the OBC.

Sailing to Alaska in August - I have everything paid for (tips, flowers, drink packages, etc). Here's my question: DW wants the "all inclusive photo package" and a Coffee Card. No problem - but I have put both in the "Cruise Personalizer" and am curious - can I use OBC for these items or do I need to go ahead and pay now?

Not a big deal either way - but the OBC is fairly substantial and I want to use it all (if you know what I mean) :D

If you have enough OBC then try to order it online. If it will take your OBC it will let you know. If not ... it will ask for your credit card. If you don't want to pay by cc then you can just not finish the order.

If you have enough OBC then try to order it online. If it will take your OBC it will let you know. If not ... it will ask for your credit card. If you don't want to pay by cc then you can just not finish the order.

TA OBC will likely not be available for any pre-cruise online purchase.

Others have posted that the photo package costs $50 less if purchased in advance compared to purchasing it on the ship.