POA Boarding Time

sissyb

We had Johnnycab pick us up at 11:00 at our hotel. We got to port at 11:25ish, and were onboard by 11:45.

Did you stay on the ship until it sailed? Or were you able to get off and explore the island a little? We are getting to Hawaii the day before sailing but would like to know options in case we wanted to get off the ship (after boarding) for a little while :)

Did you stay on the ship until it sailed? Or were you able to get off and explore the island a little? We are getting to Hawaii the day before sailing but would like to know options in case we wanted to get off the ship (after boarding) for a little while :)

We had lunch on the ship, then dropped our carry-ons off at East meets West (they will watch them until 2 pm, then they drop them off at Guest Services desk) and left the ship to walk to King Kamehameha's statue and Ioni Palace. (15 min walk) Chinatown is also nearby, and a lei making factory, but we didn't go there. When we went back to ship the terminal was crazy busy. We went to a worker who led us to the front of the line, as we had already checked in, and we were back on the ship almost immediately.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been yet - I'm planning a September trip on the POA - but one HUGE hint I've read for the Pride of America is that the Muster Drill on embarkation day is around 4:30. If you miss it, you will have to make it up while in port in Maui. I don't want to mess up my Maui day since we are there overnight so I plan to definitely make the Muster Drill on the 1st day.

You can be onboard around 11:00 / 11:30'sh. Most rooms aren't available but not a big deal if you are prepared. Bring your swimsuit in your carry on and you can enjoy the pools while there aren't a lot of people onboard yet.

Last POA we got onboard immediately and found a nice spot to read and enjoy some alcohol. It was great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro