Day in Honolulu to Pearl Harbour & Waikiki

Tara Jane

Hi we will be on the Aurora with a day in Honolulu Oahu on 22 March. I have managed to get tickets for Pearl Harbour for 1.45 pm. Hubby would like to go to Waikiki beach.

I've tried to work out bus times from the bus website but not sure what routes I should be looking at .

is there an all day bus ticket available that we could purchase to get ourselves to both Pearl Harbour, Wakiki and also perhaps sit on the bus for a around the island bus trip?

We are in port from 8 am to 8,30 pm

Thanks so much

My suggestion would be for you to grab a cab to Waikiki from the ship and then go to PH by TheBus.org via #20 or #42 (either one of which will take an hour, more or less) and then plan your return to the ship by bus again. You could spend the afternoon visiting USS Arizona, Bowfin, USS Missouri, and Pacific Aviation Museum, or any combination of those.

You don't really have enough time to do a circle island tour by bus. When we did that we spent the entire day. If you want Waikiki and PH, that is about the max for the time you are in port. You could stop in ChinaTown on your return to the ship for dinner and then walk back to the ship (if you are docked at Aloha Tower).

If you return early afternoon, maybe a trip to Iolani Palace.

Just throwing out ideas. But your plans can't include everything.

Thanks for your help,I have been trying to research and I have also come to the conclusion that trying to do a loop of the island plus pearl harbor is too much.

We are docked at pier 2 but looking at maps it doesn't seem too far from the tower pier.

I really appreciate your input.

Been up all night but got it all sorted.

We will be picked up by Hele24Hawaii at 8.30 am taken on an east side tour, dropped off at PH about 1pm.

Then we can have lunch, explore PH before our allocated time for the tour at 2.30pm which is 75 mins.

Then bus back direct to Waikiki on #20 or #42 then bus/taxi back to Pier 2 depending on how we are going for time. We sail at 8.30 so I will want to be back at the ship by 6.30 at the latest.

More research tells me we arrive at 6 am not 8 am. Sadly P & O UK don't give times of port stops (they aren't silly) but I have got into the Oahu port schedule so hopefully that is reliable.

Once again thanks for your help.