Back from QM2 Crossing Eastbound

steilkurve

First off, thanks all here who helped us plan our crossing on QM2. Your advice was helpful and allowed us to make the best of our sailing. Filmed a tour of the QM2 for those who'd like to see it:

Also, quick review in the form of what we liked and did not like as much.

VERY MUCH ENJOYED

-Princess Grill. Food was in general very good but it's really the service that made the difference. The attention from the Maitre Ds, the waiter and assistant waiters was second to none. We also enjoyed the ability to go off menu, preorder more complex table side preparations and get special items.

-Our cabins (we had two PGs, one for the parents and one for the kids). They were spacious, well layed out and in good shape. Steward was second to none.

-The space ratio per guest. Much roomier than other ships. Rarely do you see any crowd.

-The vast open decks to just roam and enjoy the ocean views.

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER

-Kings Court. Tried a handful of times and it was average at best. The food but also the layout. I understand it's been improved but it still feels like you're eating in a corridor. I really think Cunard needs to try harder. We were happy we had PG as we enjoyed going for all meals.

-Embarkation. Staff didn't seem knowledgeable. Had to insist with the greeter to get in the VIP lane and then the check in agent seemed confused and took forever.

But overall, again, we really liked. We would very much return, hopefully in a Queens Grill.

Any questions, happy to help!

Thank you very much for reporting back, it's always good to hear from those who have been active here before their trip.

I am so glad you really liked QM2, we haven't sailed on her recently and there has been quite a lot of negativity so it's good to hear good things.

Thanks for the video. Very helpful.

Will be doing the eastbound sailing on August 26th.

First time sailing with Cunard. Looking forward to the experience.

Hello!!

We're on the same cruise - holding out to see when our stateroom is finally allocated!! Fingers crossed this week...

Nice to hear such a positive report and your short video tour is excellent.. especially the dolphins. Princess Grill on QM2, the actual dining room, sure looks more original (and much nicer) than the redecorated Queen's Grill. And no question, the Princess staterooms are superior to the ones on QE/QV.

Me, I am just struck at how SLOW QM2 crosses the Atlantic now. It's so different in every aspect from when she was a "six-day boat" and certainly crossing in QE2 in five days (really four and a half from the UK). You sure couldn't have those placid looking idylls in a deck chair on an exposed boat deck like you experienced. But the dolphins would have a harder time keeping up, too.