Eastside beach and snorkeling

chismrules

We are wanting to hire Rony or someone for private tour. Wanting to go to mangroves, haven't seen much about this if anyone has gone, maybe slothes. But wanting to stop at beach for snorkeling, so any areas/beach that is good for snorkeling off beach on eastside. I don't think we would of time to go back to west side before back to port. Has anyone done this. Also somewhere to eat while on eastside. Anyone been to Cal's Cantina, would that be on that side of island. Sorry lot of questions, trying to plan and make sure we have time.Thanks

We are wanting to hire Rony or someone for private tour. Wanting to go to mangroves, haven't seen much about this if anyone has gone, maybe slothes. But wanting to stop at beach for snorkeling, so any areas/beach that is good for snorkeling off beach on eastside. I don't think we would of time to go back to west side before back to port. Has anyone done this. Also somewhere to eat while on eastside. Anyone been to Cal's Cantina, would that be on that side of island. Sorry lot of questions, trying to plan and make sure we have time.Thanks

The island is more North Side, South Side... the East End, West End. Of course, the curve in the middle of the island does not help cause after all West End is not the west end of the island, West Bay would be at the end of the island but not so much west. I know it is all very confusing.

I have snorkeling a fair amount of the island and I truly believe the best bits are within the Roatan Marine Park, I believe the locals have pretty much-overfished anything that is not protected in an attempt to feed their families. The Roatan Marine Park runs Sandy Bay to West Bay of the north side of the island.

With that said, It is possible there is snorkeling near the mangroves, I just don't know about it. There are two small villages and I am not sure I would want to be getting in the water. Nor do I know of any beaches one can access due to private land. There are several resorts but the reef is too far out on the south side and the north side is all open water, although Cocoview has what they are calling their "front Yard" it managed to entertain me for a few days. The catch is Cocoview does not offer day passes, you would have to pay Fantasy Island for a day pass then swim the channel to Cocoview.

It may be your driver will have a suggestion or two I know nothing about. If you find a keen spot do let the rest of us know. :0)

Sounds like a lot to do on cruise ship day.

If you are up to somewhere quiet and not 5*, I would consider looking at Club Natale and discussing with the owner options. They used to have a web page but I just looked and only see Facebook. We have only ever booked basic PAYG package, including transport, but I believe you can do a kayak through the mangroves out to the reef and snorkel add-on. (Mangroves here may not be as long as further east, I don’t know, but you would certainly save on transport time.)

Great infinity pool, small rustic beach area, volleyball net, small restaurant and bar. Plenty of reviews on TripAdvisor.

You could probably use their driver or your own to add on sloths. Club Natale is located just next to Mahogany Bay.