Carnival Liberty - Looking For Feedback

Mr305

Plan to book a cruise on the Liberty the next day or so. Wanted to know in what shape the ship was in? Any feedback would be extremely helpful. Looking to book on the main deck, would like to know about the rooms, particularly Ocean View. If anyone has had one on this deck, please post your experience.

Was recently on the Destiny, not a fan of the Lido deck layout but I see there are a few changes to the Liberty in this department. Compared to the Destiny, how much better is it?

Just got back from the Liberty on 1/26 and am working on my review. The ship was in really great condition and was very clean. We were on Verandah so I can't provide feedback on the Main deck.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Jobell, look forward to your review. Would like to get more info on things to do onboard, which places get crowded during the day, etc. Did you get a chance to eat the steak house? If so, do you have to reserve and where and how soon can that be done? Which itinerary did you do? We are doing the Eastern Caribbean (HMC, GT, PR and St. Thomas).

Buttenbean1000, how long ago was your cruise? We've done the Carnival Destiny and Imagination, the Destiny was a disappointment. While we had a good time on the cruise and the crew was excellent, the ship was showing its age. I'm hoping the Liberty is a better experience, especially since it has some of the 2.0 upgrades.

I was just on the Liberty for Thanksgiving 2012 and I loved the ship. I loved the stadium seating on the Lido and the 2.0 upgrades are great. I would definately sail on the Liberty again. Actually I'm on the Valor in January 2014 and not sure if I'll like not being able to have a Guy Burger :(

We were on the Liberty last May and did the eastern route (HMC, GT, St T., SJ). We loved both the itinerary and the ship!! The ship had all the 2.0 upgrades and the Guy's burgers were great as well as having the mexican cantina as another option for breakfast...which was never crowded! The music they had playing on the Lido deck by the pool was always good. Like any ship, the chairs by the main pool on the Lido were a premium and could at times be hard to come by. Both of our kids had a blast in Camp Carnival, we had a good service in the main dining room, lines at the buffet were no better/worse than any other cruise. Overall, we really enjoyed our trip on the Liberty and our son is asking to go on her again. The only complaint I may have was getting our luggage after debarking the ship. It was a total cluster! The terminal that we debarked at had multiple huge rooms and different carousels where your luggage came out to be retrieved. We did not realize this so we spent around 45mins or so standing in the first room waiting and waiting for out luggage to come out on the belt until a porter finally told us that we should be in the next room. We went to the next room and waited and waited until a nice porter finally walked out back to look for our luggage and found a whole bin of luggage that was just sitting out there and had not been put onto the carousel yet. ARgh!!! Ours was in that bin...go figure. So, after more than an hour with a 3yr old that was DONE with waiting we found out luggage. Moral of the story is if you cruise out of Miami look UP for the little signs posted above the baggage claim entrances showing zone numbers when you get into the terminal after debarking the ship. Had we done that we may not have taken quite so long to retrieve our luggage?

Plan to book a cruise on the Liberty the next day or so. Wanted to know in what shape the ship was in? Any feedback would be extremely helpful. Looking to book on the main deck, would like to know about the rooms, particularly Ocean View. If anyone has had one on this deck, please post your experience.

Was recently on the Destiny, not a fan of the Lido deck layout but I see there are a few changes to the Liberty in this department. Compared to the Destiny, how much better is it?

Check out my review in my signature. I did an extensive review with pictures just after the 2.0 upgrade.

We just got off the Liberty on 1/26 also (Hi JoBell!). Loved the ship! It was our 3rd or 4th cruise on Liberty.

We had an Ocean view on the lowest Deck, and it was great; only issue was you could hear the machine "beeping" as people got off the ship in ports, because our cabin was right over the gangway. Love Oceanview cabins, they are nice and roomy.

Ship was wonderful. The Iguana Cantina is open only for breakfast and lunch. The tacos are fantastic!

Guys is open from 12 noon to 6:30 and my husband and kids and MIL loved the burgers.

We ate at the steakhouse one night. It is now $35 per person, but it's still a steal at that price. Restaurant was not full at all.

Overall the ship seemed very quiet, not full at all. There were very few children on board and there were at least 3 good size groups on board. The groups might have had lots of private functions, so that might be why the ship seemed so empty at times.

We had Your Time dining. The entire first floor of the Golden dining room was Your Time, I believe and it was barely 1/4 by 8 pm most nights.

I loved all the 2.0 upgrades. The Alchemy bar is wonderful. The bartenders are great. If they have Mixology class, make sure to attend; it was fascinating.

Oh and the expanded Serenity Deck for adults is sooo nice!

Best,

Kathryn

We sailed the Liberty this month. We had an Oceanview on the Rivera Deck (1). I love that the Oceanviews are so close to the water. I love staring out at the water,especially at night. And the Oceanviews are a nice size. A bit bigger than most cabins, since they incorporate the space that would have been a balcony.

Jobell, look forward to your review. Would like to get more info on things to do onboard, which places get crowded during the day, etc. Did you get a chance to eat the steak house? If so, do you have to reserve and where and how soon can that be done? Which itinerary did you do? We are doing the Eastern Caribbean (HMC, GT, PR and St. Thomas).

We did the same itinerary that you will be doing.

We ate in the steakhouse and reserved the first night through carnival's website and can be done at any time (I think I did it about 4 months out). It is $35/person and includes a starter, salad, entree, side and dessert. Some people will say that you can get extra sides, starters, salads, etc but most times I can barely eat dessert I am full.

I found that the lido deck was crowded during the day (sea days). There is trivia at various times during the day (always fun). I have the fun times that I will try and get scanned in for viewing.

We just got off the Liberty on 1/26 also (Hi JoBell!). Loved the ship! It was our 3rd or 4th cruise on Liberty.

We had an Ocean view on the lowest Deck, and it was great; only issue was you could hear the machine "beeping" as people got off the ship in ports, because our cabin was right over the gangway. Love Oceanview cabins, they are nice and roomy.

Ship was wonderful. The Iguana Cantina is open only for breakfast and lunch. The tacos are fantastic!

Guys is open from 12 noon to 6:30 and my husband and kids and MIL loved the burgers.

We ate at the steakhouse one night. It is now $35 per person, but it's still a steal at that price. Restaurant was not full at all.

Overall the ship seemed very quiet, not full at all. There were very few children on board and there were at least 3 good size groups on board. The groups might have had lots of private functions, so that might be why the ship seemed so empty at times.

We had Your Time dining. The entire first floor of the Golden dining room was Your Time, I believe and it was barely 1/4 by 8 pm most nights.

I loved all the 2.0 upgrades. The Alchemy bar is wonderful. The bartenders are great. If they have Mixology class, make sure to attend; it was fascinating.

Oh and the expanded Serenity Deck for adults is sooo nice!

Best,

Kathryn

HI Kathryn!!!! :D

I second Guys and the Blue Iguana. and the pizza is sooooooo so good.

My family had a great time on Liberty over Thanksgiving and I concur with all of the positive feedback. The one thing that was a bit annoying was that to get from one end of the ship to the other, you had to go down 2 floors then back up 2 floors.

I thought the ship looked great, the MDR staff that we had rocked and our room attendant was kind, helpful and friendly. Kept us in ice!

Lido deck was busy, but I could usually find a chair. The gym was not too crowded. Food was tasty both in MDR and buffet. Make sure you check out the Fish and Chips station and have some boullabaise and ceviche.

Have a great cruise!

I've been reading his review as well as others, will be doing some more reading over the weekend. Really appreciate all of the feedback, from everything I've read and the replies, looks like I picked a good ship to go on. Can't wait to get onboard.

I'm hoping to get some pictures of the room, we booked 2038. Plan to start another thread to see if I can find someone that stayed there and has pictures.

Archived