ST JOHN Catamaran Sail & Snorkel (Trunk Bay) since the hurricanes?

tugtraveller

We have tentatively booked a ship excursion from St Thomas called "St John Catamaran Sail & Snorkel with Open Bar" and it is supposed to go to Trunk Bay. There are no reviews of it since the hurricanes and I am wondering what it is like these days, since it's a fairly expensive excursion.

I booked it because we have heard wonderful things about St. John and this would allow us to get there without having to deal with bad road conditions, or taking the ferry. I don't know how hard or easy it would be to get back & forth to St. John with the limited time we are in port (Carnival Glory: 10am-6pm) if we were to try and do it on our own in February. With fewer tourists right now, I worry that the ferry service might not run as frequently as it did in the past.

Any updated information on this excursion, St. John, or Trunk Bay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

--- Rene

I spent a week on STJ around Christmas. Trunk Bay is in very good shape and definitely worth visiting. Shade is at a premium due to trees destroyed in Irmaria, and the concession operation is not fully restored.