Closest beach to port...short day in port, want to maximize beach time!

ylojerseygirl

• 1 month later...
There are 2 ports. Do you know which one for your ship? If not which ship are you on?

This was not my thread, but I am on the Jewel of the Seas in April. Do you know which port we'll be in? I'm trying to find a super close beach with chair rentals just to relax for the day.

Thank you!

Royal Caribbean ships normally dock at Crown Bay. The closest beach is Emerald Beach on Lindbergh Bay. Full amenities. $4 per person each way from Crown Bay via taxi.

Just back visiting St Thomas. This was our first dock at Crown Bay (instead of Havensight previously). The Emerald Beach, our first time visit also, was VERY close from Crown Bay. We had 4 and 2 years old and they enjoyed the beach. We were told that we could use the (Resort's?) washrooms and were offered a chair and umbrella for $20. Not knowing we would be there for 5 mins or a couple of hours, we did not take it. A good choice for small kids, nice beach, close to the port and the bar/restaurant was there too. It was not crowded when we were there in the morning.

We waited for a taxi at where we were dropped off for a couple of mins, then walked a couple of minutes to the Emerald Beach Resort's drive way where we got on the taxi back to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you snorkel at Emerald beach? Was the water clear? Any debre in the water? Will be there next month on the Allure. Can't decide Emerald beach or long day trip to St.John. Have older kids and they want yo snorkel.