Scenic Eclipse


Unregistered, just back from your cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:39 AM.
#1
Upstate NY
605 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
So the ship isn't being launched until 2018, but have put down a deposit on an Antarctica cruise for Jan 2019. Any one else booked on this ship yet?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#2
DFW
44 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Just booked this week as well for Feb 2019. Starting to fill up and very few if any cabins left on the pre-release pricing.

Interesting issue is that the insurance through ship only has $100K evacuation coverage which really isn't sufficient should you need it from Antarctica. Checking other options it appears that you must be within 24 months of a trip for a policy booking yet you need it within 14 days of an initial booking to cover anything preexisting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
upcoming cruises:
9/16/2018 SilverSea Silver Whisper - Greek Isles
2/8/2019 Scenic Eclipse - Antarctica
2/7/2020 Celebrity Solstice - New Zealand
11/10/2020 Crystal Esprit - Middle East
7/14/2021 Scenic Eclipse - Arctic

sailed:
Azamara Quest (Cuba) - 3/9/2018
Seabourn Quest (Baltic) - 7/8/2017
SilverSea Silver Spirit - 12/15/2016
Celebrity Xpedition (Galapagos) - 4/17/2016
Carnival Magic - 5/20/2012
Norwegian Epic - 12/3/2011
Carnival Conquest - 5/31/2009
#3
Melbourne
69 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Just booked the Panama, Columbia & Ecuador Discovery on the Eclipse for Nov 2018.

Had to give Scenic another go after our recent European River cruise
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature





#5
Oro Valley, Arizona
65 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
We are looking at April 2019 23 day Ultimate Great Civilizations Discovery cruise. We spent the morning with the brochure, will be close to our 50th Anniversary. We'll start training now!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#6
97 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
just booked the crossing in September 2018, with the airfare credit I could not pass this up. really want to try this ship. anyone else interested in this sailing? if so the credit is good till Dec 31.
#7
Australia
2,786 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
We are booked on the 6 December Antartica cruise and really looking forward to it

Jane
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I've enjoyed lots of wonderful cruises, on lots of different lines (mainly Princess) but the upcoming ones are:

Sea Princess 07062018 World Cruise Brisbane to Brisbane
Holland America 19/11/2018 South America Passage
Scenic Eclipse 12/06/18 Antartica
Sea Princess 03/02/19 PNG
Sun Princess 24/01/20 Indian Ocean & South Africa Fremantle to Sydney
#8
Australia
748 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Originally posted by sharon2975
just booked the crossing in September 2018, with the airfare credit I could not pass this up. really want to try this ship. anyone else interested in this sailing? if so the credit is good till Dec 31.
Yes I have booked the transatlantic as well. We are Seabourn regulars now but are very keen to try this new ship!
#9
97 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Looking forward to meeting you Cruising Kirby. do you have any idea of the dress code for the eclipse? we just returned from a crossing on the Regent Explorer and enjoyed it very much. This sailing has almost all sea days, will give us a real opportunity to explore and experience the ship. what deck are you on?
#10
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
56 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by paul1439
Booked Scenic Eclipse for Nov 16, 2018. Great deal for 7 days.
Went to their website and couldn't find anything? Can you please give me some of the details, so I can research further. Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lu & Eu

Princess Cruises-1991,97,98,2000,2006,2007,2008
Cunard Cruises-1993,1995,1996,1999
Renaissance-1996,2001
MSC Lirica - December 2005
Constellation - December 2006
Regent Explorer II - January 2008 (Antarctica)
Regent Voyager Capetown-FLL Nov 2009
Prince Albert II Arctic Circle August 2010
Regent Navigator Ultimate Amazon Nov 2011
Regent Voyager Mumbai-Bali + Taj Pre Bali Post - Dec 2012
Silver Spirt Rome-FLL November 2013
Regent Mariner - Lisbon-Miami October 2014
Seabourn Odyssey - Venice-FLL October 2015
Silver Wind-Holiday Cruise- FLL-FLL December 2015 Lisbon-London May 2016
Regent Navigator-Capetown (3day pre safari) -Miami January 2017
Silver Sea Muse - Valparasio-Buenos Aires November 2017
#11
Miami, FL
401 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by mrset425
Went to their website and couldn't find anything? Can you please give me some of the details, so I can research further. Thank you.
This is the cruise being referred to in case you still weren't able to find it — and it is quite reasonably priced compared to other sailings on the Eclipse.

https://www.scenicusa.com/ocean-crui...rica-coastline
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING CRUISES
Symphony of the Seas - Bahamas, August 31st, 2019
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas, August 31st, 2018

PAST CRUISES
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas, Shakedown Cruise, June 22nd, 2018
Symphony of the Seas — Spain, Pre-inaugural, March 17, 2018
Regent Explorer - Caribbean, February 9th, 2018
Celebrity Reflection - Exotic Caribbean, November 17th, 2017
Enchantment of the Seas - Irma Evacuation Cruise to Nowhere, September 8, 2017
Azamara Quest - Venice & the Amalfi Coast, July 14th, 2017
Celebrity Reflection - Southern Caribbean, November 12th, 2016
Harmony of the Seas - Bahamas, Inaugurals, November 8th, 2016
Empress of the Seas - Shakedown Cruise to Nowhere, May 26th, 2016
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean, November 15th, 2015
Norwegian Epic - Western Caribbean, March 30th, 2014
Norwegian Epic - Eastern Caribbean, March 9th, 2013

THE CRUISES THAT NEVER WERE
Scenic Eclipse - Mediterranean, September 14th, 2018 Regent Explorer - Mediterranean, October 4th, 2016
#12
Australia
748 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Originally posted by sharon2975
Looking forward to meeting you Cruising Kirby. do you have any idea of the dress code for the eclipse? we just returned from a crossing on the Regent Explorer and enjoyed it very much. This sailing has almost all sea days, will give us a real opportunity to explore and experience the ship. what deck are you on?
We are in a grand deluxe verandah on deck 5. I wanted to be lower down and midship to minimise the movement of the ship. What about you? I am not sure of the dress code, probably "elegant casual" most nights like Seabourn and Silverseas? I usually take black pants and sparkly tops and a couple of dresses. I will need to do some research on that! I am looking forward to the many sea days as it will be an opportunity to relax and experience the ship.
#13
Miami, FL
401 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by cruising kirby
We are in a grand deluxe verandah on deck 5. I wanted to be lower down and midship to minimise the movement of the ship. What about you? I am not sure of the dress code, probably "elegant casual" most nights like Seabourn and Silverseas? I usually take black pants and sparkly tops and a couple of dresses. I will need to do some research on that! I am looking forward to the many sea days as it will be an opportunity to relax and experience the ship.
We too have a Grand Deluxe Verandah, deck 5 midship for our cruise - suite 517. How wonderful to have so many sea days to look forward to. Our Med intermarry unfortunately doesn't even have one!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING CRUISES
Symphony of the Seas - Bahamas, August 31st, 2019
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas, August 31st, 2018

PAST CRUISES
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas, Shakedown Cruise, June 22nd, 2018
Symphony of the Seas — Spain, Pre-inaugural, March 17, 2018
Regent Explorer - Caribbean, February 9th, 2018
Celebrity Reflection - Exotic Caribbean, November 17th, 2017
Enchantment of the Seas - Irma Evacuation Cruise to Nowhere, September 8, 2017
Azamara Quest - Venice & the Amalfi Coast, July 14th, 2017
Celebrity Reflection - Southern Caribbean, November 12th, 2016
Harmony of the Seas - Bahamas, Inaugurals, November 8th, 2016
Empress of the Seas - Shakedown Cruise to Nowhere, May 26th, 2016
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean, November 15th, 2015
Norwegian Epic - Western Caribbean, March 30th, 2014
Norwegian Epic - Eastern Caribbean, March 9th, 2013

THE CRUISES THAT NEVER WERE
Scenic Eclipse - Mediterranean, September 14th, 2018 Regent Explorer - Mediterranean, October 4th, 2016
#14
Oro Valley, Arizona
65 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
So excited, we just booked 23 day Ultimate Great Civilizations Discovery Cruise.
Anyone on that cruise? It looked like they were pretty booked up.
Luggage allowance only 42 lbs.? Couldn't find anything on dress code either.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#15
Australia
748 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Where did you see the luggage allowance for the Eclipse? I checked the Scenic website and it does refer to limited luggage on tours and cruises, but I wonder if that refers to the current Scenic programme of land based tours and river cruises, not the new ocean cruising ship? I would be surprised if there were luggage restrictions on the Eclipse as I am not aware that they are applied on other luxury ocean lines. I am the world's worst packer so the thought of limiting myself to one 20kg case fills me with horror!
#16
Oro Valley, Arizona
65 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by cruising kirby
Where did you see the luggage allowance for the Eclipse? I checked the Scenic website and it does refer to limited luggage on tours and cruises, but I wonder if that refers to the current Scenic programme of land based tours and river cruises, not the new ocean cruising ship? I would be surprised if there were luggage restrictions on the Eclipse as I am not aware that they are applied on other luxury ocean lines. I am the world's worst packer so the thought of limiting myself to one 20kg case fills me with horror!

It's in their brochure under terms and conditions. I too am trying to figure out how to pack for 23 days plus. Yikes!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#18
Miami, FL
401 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
I have a feeling that the luggage limit will be updated as we get closer to launch date. At the time these brochures published, many logistical details were/are still up in the air, since this is uncharted territory for Scenic. While understandable for river cruising, clearly a one suitcase at 42 pound limit is totally unreasonable for an ocean cruise (especially in the luxury category). I would be very surprised (and dismayed) if this does not change as details of the ship become finalized.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING CRUISES
Symphony of the Seas - Bahamas, August 31st, 2019
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas, August 31st, 2018

PAST CRUISES
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas, Shakedown Cruise, June 22nd, 2018
Symphony of the Seas — Spain, Pre-inaugural, March 17, 2018
Regent Explorer - Caribbean, February 9th, 2018
Celebrity Reflection - Exotic Caribbean, November 17th, 2017
Enchantment of the Seas - Irma Evacuation Cruise to Nowhere, September 8, 2017
Azamara Quest - Venice & the Amalfi Coast, July 14th, 2017
Celebrity Reflection - Southern Caribbean, November 12th, 2016
Harmony of the Seas - Bahamas, Inaugurals, November 8th, 2016
Empress of the Seas - Shakedown Cruise to Nowhere, May 26th, 2016
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean, November 15th, 2015
Norwegian Epic - Western Caribbean, March 30th, 2014
Norwegian Epic - Eastern Caribbean, March 9th, 2013

THE CRUISES THAT NEVER WERE
Scenic Eclipse - Mediterranean, September 14th, 2018 Regent Explorer - Mediterranean, October 4th, 2016
#19
Oro Valley, Arizona
65 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by towel-animal
I have a feeling that the luggage limit will be updated as we get closer to launch date. At the time these brochures published, many logistical details were/are still up in the air, since this is uncharted territory for Scenic. While understandable for river cruising, clearly a one suitcase at 42 pound limit is totally unreasonable for an ocean cruise (especially in the luxury category). I would be very surprised (and dismayed) if this does not change as details of the ship become finalized.

I think you probably "broke the code". I can't imagine them keeping such a limit on the Eclipse.
We should probably have our TA's check on that.
I cannot wait to hear from our CC's that will be on the Eclipse before us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#20
Miami, FL
401 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by boccenana
I think you probably "broke the code". I can't imagine them keeping such a limit on the Eclipse.
We should probably have our TA's check on that.
I cannot wait to hear from our CC's that will be on the Eclipse before us.
Yeah - even the agents at Scenic's US call center seem totally out of the loop. It's been a mission just to get simple answers to questions about pre-cruise hotels and booking flights for Eclipse sailings. Hoping that things get ironed out soon! And also eager to see the progress of the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UPCOMING CRUISES
Symphony of the Seas - Bahamas, August 31st, 2019
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas, August 31st, 2018

PAST CRUISES
Mariner of the Seas - Bahamas, Shakedown Cruise, June 22nd, 2018
Symphony of the Seas — Spain, Pre-inaugural, March 17, 2018
Regent Explorer - Caribbean, February 9th, 2018
Celebrity Reflection - Exotic Caribbean, November 17th, 2017
Enchantment of the Seas - Irma Evacuation Cruise to Nowhere, September 8, 2017
Azamara Quest - Venice & the Amalfi Coast, July 14th, 2017
Celebrity Reflection - Southern Caribbean, November 12th, 2016
Harmony of the Seas - Bahamas, Inaugurals, November 8th, 2016
Empress of the Seas - Shakedown Cruise to Nowhere, May 26th, 2016
Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean, November 15th, 2015
Norwegian Epic - Western Caribbean, March 30th, 2014
Norwegian Epic - Eastern Caribbean, March 9th, 2013

THE CRUISES THAT NEVER WERE
Scenic Eclipse - Mediterranean, September 14th, 2018 Regent Explorer - Mediterranean, October 4th, 2016