What to do in area we're in (Ft. Lauderdale)

teknoge3k

Typically we stay in an Airbnb in Miami Beach when we sail out of south Florida. However next month the wife and I decided to get an Airbnb in Ft. Lauderdale instead since it's just us 2. We're staying on Galt Ocean Dr which is in "Galt Mile" north of Lauderdale Beach. Is there any "must do" places to see/eat while we're there? We have 5 days in the area pre-cruise to do things. We're not going to have a car so we'll Uber everywhere. We do have a dinner cruise booked with the Riverfront Gondola Tours and plan on shopping in Las Olas. Anything else? We thought about riding the water taxi around but obviously that won't take forever.

We're both in our 30's, don't care about the arts or stuff like that. We like fun things, activities, etc.

TYIA!

Across from Galt Mile neighborhood is the “North Beach” area, just on the east side of A1A, between Oakland Park Blvd to the South, and 34th St to the North. There are a plethora of bars and restaurants:

Bokampers (on the Intracoastal, and the northernmost water taxi stop)

Blue Jean Blues (blues and jazz club, live music nightly, and great pizza, although there are other food items)

Fish Tales

Boardwalk Bar

Scolapasta (excellent Italian)

33rd Street Wine Bar

Martorano’s (upscale Italian)

Greek Islands (on A1A just south of Oakland Park Blvd, and THE BEST Greek restaurant around - the best lamb chops)

Flip Flops and Shooters (south side of Oakland Park Blvd, on the Intracoastal, also a water taxi stop)

... lots of options there.

Beach access is at the portal at Oakland Park Blvd. Have a walk through the Lauderdale Beach neighborhood. These are the only actual beachfront houses in Fort Lauderdale (not condos).

North of Oakland Park Blvd:

Sandbar Grille at Sun Tower Suites (beachfront restaurant, north of Oakland Park Blvd) , great breakfast spot and happy hour drinks (beer, wine, food).

In Lauderdale by the Sea (LBTS):

North of Galt at Commercial Blvd. The Sun Trolley connects to the free Pelican Hopper, but you can walk (1+ miles), Uber, etc. There are lots of bars and restaurants from the Intracoastal (Blue Moon Fish Company and Benihana) all the way to the Beach. If your stay coincides on a Sunday, check at Blue Moon’s Sunday brunch.

Other places in LBTS: Plunge Beach Hotel (Backflip Beach Bar), 101 Ocean, Delacaseas (breakfast), Aruba (atmosphere and live music), Vinnie’s (Italian, fun hangout), Beach Cafe (on the pier, breakfast)

Not near any of the above, but THE BEST sushi around is Phat Boy. 2 locations, 1 in downtown Fort Lauderdale and the original location on Federal Hwy (US 1), just south of Commercial Blvd. otherwise, go to Village Pump or Sushi Pump (both in LBTS).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by brunello22

Thank you!

You’re welcome! Actually the North Beach area is on the west side of A1A, sorry for my error.

Another place that is becoming popular is Pompano Beach House. I haven’t been yet, but plan to go soon to check it out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums