ATM Machines at Southampton Cruise Port

And I too checked a couple of websites and found....

very little.

You'd think that the Fathers of the City would do all they can to encourage visitors to spend money there.

And one of the first steps, for non-Brits arriving by sea would be to obtain some local currency.

As Newport Dave suggests with his hotlink, the nearest ATM (Brits call them 'Cashpoints', I believe) is about 700 metres from Ocean Terminal (berth 46). The nearest to Mayflower terminal is about a kilometre away.

Az dee Frunch say: "incroiable".

I have found a cash machine, listed in the Co-op food store at 117 High Street, about 800 metres from Ocean Terminal. Open to 10 pm daily. They also have a small selection of wines (nudge nudge) too.

I suppose that the problem would arise when you leave the ship and want to hop straight into a taxi. Some Southampton taxis will take CCs and some not, so if that's what you intend to do, maybe buy a small amount of GBP before you arrive. Twenty should be more than enough.

It's a bit much to blame "the Fathers of the City" aka Southampton City Council for what is a purely commercial decision for the Port Authority. Undoubtedly, if one was put in, it would be a 'private' one and would make a charge for withdrawals.

Once in the City, you will find free-to-use cashpoints/ATMs everywhere. Virtually all supermarkets have one or more and every high street bank will have one too.

I suppose that the problem would arise when you leave the ship and want to hop straight into a taxi. Some Southampton taxis will take CCs and some not, so if that's what you intend to do, maybe buy a small amount of GBP before you arrive.
Or, surely, just ask the taxi driver to stop at an ATM en route? London taxis do this all the time (for locals, let alone tourists).

Pull up Southampton on Google Maps.

Zoom into the general area of Southampton you'll be visiting.

Type 'ATM' into the 'Search Google Maps' bar on the upper left and hit <enter>.

ATMs within the area will be highlighted on the map. Click each for details.

There are a bunch......