Do any of you know where the Majestic Princess is going to be after April 14, 2019

triple7tahoe

We are presently booked for a couple of cruises on the Majestic Princess with the last one ending on April 14th in Hong Kong; I cannot find another cruise on her until late August 2019 (Going back to Sydney). I would not think drydock would last that long or that they would just take the ship out of service---So where is she? Is it possible there would be cruises only sold in the Asian market? I doubt somebody would charter her for that long?

Trying to figure out if there is someway to extend our cruise-Thanks

A guess would be back to Shanghai for the Chinese market until fall. I was on the maiden voyage from Rome to Shanghai for 49 days and we were told it was made for that market but would spend the northern winter in and around Australia. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once a Princess ship goes to China for a season it is no longer available for general bookings. The Chinese cruises are operated by a Chinese travel agency so the ship is, in effect, chartered for that period. This is not new, Golden Princess went "off the radar" like that a couple of years ago - we were on the repositioning cruise from Sydney to Hong Kong.

Once a Princess ship goes to China for a season it is no longer available for general bookings.

True... sort of.

I lived in China for six years and could make a "general booking" - anyone can (it helps to be able to read Putonghua). ;)

The Majestic Princess is 盛世公主号 (Shèng Shì Gōng Zhǔ Haò) in Chinese.

https://www.princesschina.com/

Edited by Bill B

True... sort of.

I lived in China for six years and could make a "general booking" - anyone can (if they read Putonghua). ;)

盛世公主号 (Shèng Shì Gōng Zhǔ Haò)

That's not a general booking, it's a Chinese booking. :rolleyes: :p :D