Price reduction

Hobbes67

We were able to save about $600 each on a cruise with the most recent sale. When the new price calculated it only reduced our insurance $.12 each. How is this possible. Our agent didn't understand it either. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

We were able to save about $600 each on a cruise with the most recent sale. When the new price calculated it only reduced our insurance $.12 each. How is this possible. Our agent didn't understand it either. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
I believe that there is a price change at $2,500 of coverage. For Ruby and above the rate is 8% for coverage of $0-$2,499.99 and 7% for coverage of $2,500 and above. If your savings moved you under that threshold you would be at a higher rate but that should provide more saving than just $0.12 each.

How do you know if the price went down on a cruise?

You look at what the price was when you booked (invoice, etc...). You then go to the Princess website and try to book the same cruise and see if the price went down.

You do have to weigh in if you will lose any benefit if you re-fare. For example, I gave up $300 OBC and dinner at a speciality restaurant but my fare went down $700.

It is sort of difficult to calculate your price if a TA discounted the price. If you use a TA and they did this, just call them and they will let you know the benefits of possible price reduction.

Regardless of who you booked with, realize that if your price did go down and you booked under a different promo, you may lose your current promo benefits.