QM2 - Special Sailaway from Halifax today

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:51 PM.
Mississauga, Canada
1,381 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Unfortunately I could not get any photos from the harbour Webcam; the capture feature would not work. This is the last call in Halifax on an Atlantic crossing for the foreseeable future.
Perhaps someone else was able to get photos.

http://www.halifaxseaport.com/schedu...rom-halifax-2/
NYC
3,800 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Thank you for sharing that. It seems to be a wonderful sail around for those on board and ashore. Although I personally won't miss having Halifax inserted in a TA. It seems to have been an excuse to justify a TA stretched to 9 days.
Oakland, CA USA
1,802 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
On the other hand we had a great time in Halifax in June on a crossing, and it stretched the crossing to 8 days, not 9. Extra time on the QM2 is welcomed by me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: 109 Days
Seabourn: 68 Days
Azamara: 64 Days
HAL: 34 Days
Crystal: 31 Days
Celebrity: 14 Days
Princess: 14 Days
RCL: 7 Days
Commodore: 7 Days
Carnival: 3 Days
Goodtime II: 1 Day
Mississauga, Canada
1,381 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by BlueRiband
Thank you for sharing that. It seems to be a wonderful sail around for those on board and ashore. Although I personally won't miss having Halifax inserted in a TA. It seems to have been an excuse to justify a TA stretched to 9 days.
What I will miss is the opportunity to take a six-day crossing from Southampton to Halifax, disembarking in my own country. We had to pay the fare for New York and get permission from Cunard to leave the ship in Halifax. (According to the Canadian government, Canadian passport holders don't need permission to disembark, but we discussed that earlier.) We only did this once, in 2014.

I hope they will bring back these occasional calls. Next year there is only one call in Halifax, down from four - two cruises and two TAs - for this and the previous few years. Next year the only way to take a QM2 TA to or from a Canadian port will be the annual autumn voyage to Quebec. This takes two weeks. We are taking this from Quebec to Southampton in October this year.