US Permanent Resident

smilie123

Been searching online, cruise website but unable to find answer to VISA requirement for cruise to Cozumel/Honduras. We have friends who are legal permanent residents (greencard holder) and have valid Vietnam passport. Anyone know if they need VISA for Cozumel/Honduras?

Thanks so much!

Regardless of green card status, the person is still a Vietnamese citizen, so they need to meet the requirements for Vietnamese. Honduras requires a visa, and Mexico does as well, but is visa-free for people with US visas (which I assume the green card holder has).

Since they do not have a US birth certificate, they need their passport.

My SO is a non-US citizen, but a US visa is good for most of the cruise destinations.

There are some web sites that will tell you with X passport, going to Y country, if a visa is needed.

Here is one:

https://www.visahq.com/

One thing to watch is that it may differ for a Cruise. Type of visa is on the left.

For my SO, a visa would be required for St Kitts and Nevis as a tourist, but for a cruise stopover, less than 1 day, no visa is required.

Do they have an official photo ID issued by a government agency other than the Viet Nam passport?

OP explained that they have a green card, which is an official photo ID issued by a US government agency.

The green card is the only document required by the US government to enter and leave the US. Not even the Vietnamese passport will be required by the US government.

But the cruise line, and the governments of the other countries you visit, will probably require the Vietnamese passport, and might even require a visa or some other documentation.

There are four agencies that have requirements: The US government (I know the green card is enough for them), the Cruise Line, the Mexican government, and the Honduran government.

The Cruise Line ought to know about the requirements for the other governments, and the Cruise Line is allowed to have its own requirements that are more stringent than the various governmental requirements. So I'd start by contacting the Cruise Line. But I'd probably follow up by checking websites of Mexico and Honduras.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your help. Finally got what i needed:

Honduras,

Honduras cruise visa is not required for citizens of Vietnam.

For Mexico, alienresidents of the Schengen member states, Canada, Ireland, USA, Chile, Colombia,Peru, or United Kingdom are visa exempt for 180 days provided holding proof ofresidence. Holders of a valid US visa are also visa exempt for 180 days. Pleasekeep in mind that if you are staying less than 180 days, you must:

· Holda passport valid for at least six months with at least one blank visa pageavailable for each country to be visited

• 7 months later...

Honduras,

For Mexico, alienresidents of the Schengen member states, Canada, Ireland, USA, Chile, Colombia,Peru, or United Kingdom are visa exempt for 180 days provided holding proof ofresidence. Holders of a valid US visa are also visa exempt for 180 days. Pleasekeep in mind that if you are staying less than 180 days, you must:

·Holda passport valid for at least six months with at least one blank visa pageavailable for each country to be visited

Can you please let me know how do you find info of cruise visa exempt to honduras?

• 3 years later...
On 1/26/2018 at 7:05 PM, smilie123 said:

Honduras,

· Holda passport valid for at least six months with at least one blank visa pageavailable for each country to be visited

@smilie123 Hi, I'm in a similar situation to what you described in your initial post. My wife is from Vietnam and is a US permanent resident. I can't find any information about cruise visa requirements to Honduras. Could you share where you obtained this information from and share your experience for your friends from Vietnam if they joined you on the cruise? Thanks in advance!