One Night Amsterdam Hotel pre Flight Needed

teacherman

We will be taking either the high speed train, or flying KLM, from Paris to AMS on Wednesday, April 25. (The price and times involved are similar) I believe that the train has a stop at Schipol airport. We need a hotel room for that night which will offer us a quick and easy transit to the airport for our flight home the next morning. Also, we would either need a hotel restaurant or easy access to other restaurants for Wednesday night. We have visited Amsterdam several times previously, so we just need a hotel for this one night.

This whole thing is following our eastbound TA and a five night visit to Paris. We have found that it will be FAR less costly to fly home from AMS than Paris, even including the train and hotel.

Information and advice is welcome. Thank you.

If you need a hotel near the airport, check Sheraton or Hilton. Both on or near the airport. In case you want a hotel in the city near Centraal Station check Doubletree, As you know Amsterdam is compact, so any hotel in centre or near CS is o.k.

I have a similar situation in September and booked a Club room at the Sheraton which is right at the airport, apparently a two/three minute walk from the arrivals hall. I did this because we'll be at the end of a long cruise, after flying into AMS from Rome, and my 80+ DM will likely be exhausted from the cruise (based on past experience). I did the extra expense of the Club room to avoid going out to a restaurant for either dinner or breakfast. It is more expensive but it will be much easier on both of us and, for that, I'm willing to pay extra for the convenience. Fortunately, we'll be staying in Amsterdam pre-cruise so we'll still get to see it.