Cruise Critic River Christenings

Cruise Critic Chris

• Members

Hi all. You may have seen me on this board before. I'm a senior editor at Cruise Critic, responsible for the river cruise content.

I see some posts that promote our competitors attending various christenings and things, so I wanted to let you know that our staff will be out and about on the rivers in the next few months.

We already had someone attend the Viking Longship christening in early March. A staff editor is leaving tonight for the christening of Vantage's River Voyager.

We will have a staff editor on CroisiEurope's Elbe Princesse in early April. I will be on Avalon Passion for its christening in April as well. We also have our UK editor on Uniworld's River Empress to update our review.

In May, we have a staffer traveling the Rhone on Viking Buri. Then in June, we will cover AmaViola, the latest "family friendly" ship from AmaWaterways. The summer will also see an editor on Scenic's newest ship in the Douro, the launch of Crystal's new river cruise line, and I'll be Tauck's new ship, MS Grace, in August. We also have another editor on Emerald Waterways and one on Grand Circle later in the year.

In terms of American rivers, we had a writer on American Queen Steamboat Company's first "Christmas market" trip last December. We'll also be covering the launch of America, the new ship from American Cruise Lines.

As you can see, we are doing our best to be THE source of information for river cruising on the internet. Much of our great reputation comes from this board, and all of you who contribute. Thanks, and keep reading/posting!

Edited by Cruise Critic Chris

Thank you to all those busy Cruise Critic staff travelling the world to bring us great information.

Will anybody be reviewing the latest river cruising barges? Admittedly they are not for everyone, but are a great way to see rivers and canals that the big ships do not get along and places the large vessels cannot get to.

notamermaid

• Members

We don't currently have plans to cover barges, at least with staff. But we encourage readers who have taken a barge trip to leave their thoughts for other members. Agree that they are a great way to see very small waterways and have an intimate experience.

FYI: story today about Croisi's plans for 2017: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6886

Edited by Cruise Critic Chris