Just beginning to look...

jenr

at cruises to the Fench Polynesia for our 10 year anniversary (which isnt for 3 more years LOL - hey we are planners what can we say!) Anyway, which cruise lines offer itineraries to the French Polynesia and which airlines fly there? We would fly out of Minneapolis probably to LAX or another west coast city to connect there. Also, if anyone has any experience with Mediterranian (sp?) cruises, do you prefer that over one to the French Polynesia? Thanks so much!

There are three main cruise ships. They are the Tahitian Princess, which is the largest with 600 passengers, the Paul Gaugain which holds around 200 (I think) and one of the Wind ships, which holds even less. I believe all flights from the U.S. leave from LAX. I know there is Air France, Air Nui and Air New Zealand that go to Papeete from the States.

With regard to whether a cruise in the Med would be better or worse than Tahiti, I cannot answer that as we sail or go to Europe every year and I adore Europe. Whereas I had always wanted to go to Tahiti and it was a dream come true - our 40th Wedding Anniversary - and a very special cruise. I felt it was one of the best holidays we have had in our long marriage.

A Tahiti cruise is so different from a European cruise. It is a water related holiday and a very relaxing one at that.

Jennie

• 1 month later...
at cruises to the Fench Polynesia for our 10 year anniversary (which isnt for 3 more years LOL - hey we are planners what can we say!) Anyway, which cruise lines offer itineraries to the French Polynesia and which airlines fly there? We would fly out of Minneapolis probably to LAX or another west coast city to connect there.

You are definately a planner! My friends tease me because I spend so much time planning, but for me that is half the fun. I am looking to the FP for my 25th anniversary May/2006. I am most interested in Princess' 10-day cruise. Most flights tp Papette are from LAX, either Air France or Air Tahiti Nui. I have heard good things about ATN -- Princess usually uses them. Happy Anniversary!

I am also a planner and am beginning to look at Tahitian Princess or Radisson PG for early 2008 as we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. I used to work for a travel agency and got hooked on researching/planning as well as comparing prices. Though I research everything on the internet, we book through our AAA travel agent as she always does such a wonderful job. Enjoy planning for your future cruise!!

The Paul Gauguin has a crew of 215 and holds 320 passengers when fully booked. We were on the weeks of August 21, and August 28, 2004; with a total of 288 passengers on the first week and 212 the second week. I only have great things to say about this experience. Many couples were celebrating either their honeymoon or anniversary, but we also met a few families and other travelers including some groups of friends. (I booked the trip 13 months in advance and I thought I was one of the world's most detail oriented person!)

Archived