Questions about Treetop zip lining

01Sweetpea

Thinking about booking the Treetop Canopy Adventure for our stop in St. Lucia. Has anyone done this excursion recently and can answer a few questions for me?

How far from the port is the zip-lining? and how long is the ride?

Do you have to book ahead of time or will there be someone at the port taking reservations?

If I book ahead of time, is there transportation from the port to the zip-lining site?

Thanks!

Thinking about booking the Treetop Canopy Adventure for our stop in St. Lucia. Has anyone done this excursion recently and can answer a few questions for me?

How far from the port is the zip-lining? and how long is the ride?

Do you have to book ahead of time or will there be someone at the port taking reservations?

If I book ahead of time, is there transportation from the port to the zip-lining site?

Thanks!

Treetop Canopy Adventure is at The Treetop Adventure park, which is in Dennery - which is about 1 hour one way from the port down the East coast. If you book through them in advance, they provide transportation. There will be tour operators offering tours at the port, but usually not to Treetop Adventure park, as they book up in advance, and the typical tours are to the Pitons, etc. A taxi down would be $80us one way for up to three people.

Best to actually book in advance, that way you're guaranteed a spot, and transportation is provided.

We were in St. Lucia last week and booked direct with Treetop ahead of time. Agree with everything reedprincess said. We booked the triple adventure, which added the easy hike to the waterfall and an open air "jeep" tour. The jeep is the back of a truck, which caused my parents to be hesitant about what I booked for them. It was actually a great way to see the island. Seats in the back were padded, and you got a 360 degree view of a beautiful lush island. Sure beats a minibus (at least to me). My 80 yo parents agreed afterward that it was a great way to go. Of course, you risk a little "liquid sunshine", so take that into consideration.

The ziplines were great and I couldn't recommend them more highly.

We were there last week too and it was great! We started the tour with that liquid sunshine but they had raincoats to put on so we were fine. Cleared up in about 10 minutes so it was no big deal.

I didn't actually do the zip as I am a big chicken, but the others in my group said it was so much better than the one we did last year in Roaton. Much more safer. I was very happy just tagging along and waiting at the end. Everyone was super friendly and kept coming over to make sure I was okay and happy.

The hike to the waterfall kind of surprised me. Be sure to wear shoes you don't mind getting wet or go in your bare feet. Because it had just rained the waterfall was really flowing and it was amazing. Our guide went all Survivor on us and showed us how to break open coconuts with rocks and how to eat them too. He even got us a little "jungle" M&M's to try, coco beans.

I think the ride to and from was only about a half hour but it could be because we were there on a Sunday, so not as much traffic. I would highly recommend them and we would go again. But I still won't be zipping! ;)