MCO Hotel to Port Canaveral - Family of 5

skudy

SITUATION: We cruise out on a Friday at 4pm but arrive at MCO Thursday pm (late). We will be staying at a hotel near the airport and then need to get our way to Port Canaveral for our Carnival Sunshine Cruise on a Friday. We are a family of 5 and are looking for transportation.

OPTIONS: I've done a bit of research and have come up with the following options:

1. Shuttle: Most shuttles depart from the airport. Few (if any) pick up at the hotel. Given there are 5 of us, this does not seem like a convenient or affordable option. Cost somewhere around $25 x 5 = 125.

2. Rental car: Probably cost effective for 5 of us. Cost estimated to be $70 for a day rental from MCO to Port Canaveral. However, I need to get 5 of us from hotel to car rental pickup location, which is slow and cumbersome.

3. Uber XL: Uber picks us up directly from the hotel at a time that is convenient to us and we go directly to the cruise terminal. Estimated cost $100.

ADVICE: I'm thinking Uber XL is probably the best option for us. While not the cheapest, it's convenient for a family of 5 to have direct pickup at our hotel and take is straight to the cruise port. Other options may be cheaper (but not by much) and are a lot more inconvenient. What do you think we should do?

Pick up the rental mini-van when you arrive at MCO and avoid another trip with all 5 plus bags; better yet, only one picks up the car and then swings around to the passenger pick-up lane and gets the other 4 plus all of the bags. Then drive to your hotel. easy! :cool: