Sailing Escape in 2 weeks - iConcierge App

jsantull

Hello,

I know the app, itself, is free...but I'm aware that there is a "nominal" fee for calling and texting privileges. Would anyone happen to know the prices for these add-ons? I believe the texting is $7.99/device, but does this include calling?

Thanks! :cool:

It does include calling. On the Getaway it was $15.99 for text/calling per device. Of course the person you are texting/calling has to have the app and pay the fee also. The biggest issue we had was we couldn't hear the phone when someone was texting or calling.

It does include calling. On the Getaway it was $15.99 for text/calling per device. Of course the person you are texting/calling has to have the app and pay the fee also. The biggest issue we had was we couldn't hear the phone when someone was texting or calling.
I'm sure you mean "calling within the ship" and not calling someone back home. I know you can, but there is a totally different charge for that. As for not being able to hear your phone, I was wondering about that myself. I have mine on vibrate and ring so I hope that helps. Also I would imagine you can hear it better if you are in your cabin.

I'm sure you mean "calling within the ship" and not calling someone back home. I know you can, but there is a totally different charge for that. As for not being able to hear your phone, I was wondering about that myself. I have mine on vibrate and ring so I hope that helps. Also I would imagine you can hear it better if you are in your cabin.

Hi - Yes, I was wondering about calling people back in the US. I would imagine it's the same $4.99/min that it is in the cabin.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, just calling and texting others on the ship that have the app and have paid to use the onboard calling/texting feature.

Just off the Jade yesterday. The fee was $9.99 per device. It includes phone service and text messaging within the app to others onboard. They also have a free site you can access via your device or in the Internet cafe to get onto the NCL website, which we used to look into future cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi - Yes, I was wondering about calling people back in the US. I would imagine it's the same $4.99/min that it is in the cabin.

Thanks for your help!

Calling to the USA through the app is $.79/minute. Sometimes we had a good connection, but sometimes it's very poor. It's best to pre-warn the person at home that the number that shows up on their display will not be your phone number, since you aren't calling from your "phone" but through the app itself.

Just got off Escape. The fee is $9.99 to activate your device. It was good 90% of the time but we definitely had some texts not go through. It does tell you when they can't deliver though so at least you know. It was helpful as we were traveling with another couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums