Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Northern Europe & Baltic Sea
Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:38 PM.
Køge, south of Copenhagen.
4,851 Posts
Joined May 2006
Well the national dish is stegt flæsk med persillesovs do I would probably go after that one.

Or else get some open faced sandwiches by Ida Davidsen or Aamanns.
Michigan
144 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Thanks Frederik123456 for the info. I heard that they will for US cards, but not for Danish ones
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

4,851 Posts
Joined May 2006
I haven't heard much about it either, I read an article about the many new luxury hotels that are opening and Nobis was mentioned.

But it was only a very short article about each hotel.
IL
4,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
What would your choice for hotel be between the Radisson Blu Royal or the Scandic Copenhagen.

Which would be a better location. Is there any shopping or restaurants nearby? Would they be walking distance to Nyhavn? Is there a Hop On Hop Off bus nearby?
East Texas
27 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Question for Danish Viking: We have a 6:00am flight so think the Clarion Hotel Copenhagen may be our best choice as it appears to have a walkway to the airport terminals. Does that seem to be the best option for such an early flight? Any other suggestions?
4,851 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Solara
What would your choice for hotel be between the Radisson Blu Royal or the Scandic Copenhagen.

Which would be a better location. Is there any shopping or restaurants nearby? Would they be walking distance to Nyhavn? Is there a Hop On Hop Off bus nearby?

They are located very close to each other but Radisson has a ho/hobus stop almost at the door step and is also located closer to public transportation and a huge taxi rink (is that the name?) if you need that instead.
4,851 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by theboatahoy
Is Airbnb a bad idea in Copenhagen?

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

In what way bad?.

I have never heard about horror stories (only about guests destroying the apartments because of parties) so I assume that the home owners are very reliable.
4,851 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by cruisinchamps
Question for Danish Viking: We have a 6:00am flight so think the Clarion Hotel Copenhagen may be our best choice as it appears to have a walkway to the airport terminals. Does that seem to be the best option for such an early flight? Any other suggestions?

Only to to 30 minutes extra sleep.

If you live close to a metro station you can get to the airport 24/7 and there are some hotels along the metro line to the airpot that most likely is cheaper.
East Texas
27 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
We will be coming off a cruise ship the day before and opted to stay that day in Copenhagen so would like to be the closest to the airport we can due to the early flight.
Thanks Danish Viking.
Denver
232 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by Danish viking
They are located very close to each other but Radisson has a ho/hobus stop almost at the door step and is also located closer to public transportation and a huge taxi rink (is that the name?) if you need that instead.
Depending on your tolerance for walking, almost all if central Copenhagen is walkable. The Radisson is right by Tivoli, train station, ho/ho bus, Radhaus, etc. The meat packing district isn't far with all its restaurant options. There are other more charming hotels like Star, Anderson & Absalon in the same general area. Nyhavn is a bit of a hike, but certainly walkable. It is also a stop on both ho/ho bus/boat tickets, so easily reachable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:
Alaska HAL Statendam 09/13/2011
Alaska HAL Amsterdam 06/21/2013
Mediterranean HAL Collector Zuiderdam 04/14/2015