8-seater vs 16-seater for family of 7

lifeasme123

I am looking at booking a private tour for our group of 7 to see Stonehenge and Bath from Heathrow area. We will not have any luggage.

I have contacted few tour operators. One in particular told me that a 8-seater minivan is small for our family and that we should consider a 16-seater coach. It seems excessive, plus the price is about double that of the 8-seater.

For those who have been in the 8-seater minivan, would that be small and not comfortable for 7 people?

TIA!

In that case it could be a bit tight. Don’t forget, do to that route, you are going to be on the van for at least 4 and probably nearer 5 hours travelling. Depends how comfy you want to be, but I’d be inclined to go for the bigger one. You are on holiday after all!

Simon

In that case it could be a bit tight. Don’t forget, do to that route, you are going to be on the van for at least 4 and probably nearer 5 hours travelling. Depends how comfy you want to be, but I’d be inclined to go for the bigger one. You are on holiday after all!

Simon

Thank you for the advice!

If the 8 seats included the driver and 7 passengers it will be tight as the tours generally have supplied with them like water, brochures, etc. that can easily be tossed in the front seat unless a passenger is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
If the 8 seats included the driver and 7 passengers it will be tight as the tours generally have supplied with them like water, brochures, etc. that can easily be tossed in the front seat unless a passenger is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you.