Carnival Victory Acessibility Room Comment

jenmcnitt

Last week, I took my parents on their first cruise on the Carnival Victory. My mother has mobility issues so we rented a scooter for her and booked an accessibility room (6205).

Unfortunately I would not recommend this room or location for those who may have mobility or balance issues.

For one thing, when it was windy, my parents had a very difficult time moving around in the room without loosing their balance. When we were in other parts of the boat we did not have as much of an issue on those worst days of the cruise.

I've been in an accessibility room on another cruise line which was on a lower deck and midship which in general would seem to be a better location for those with mobility issues.

The room also had several other issues such has a leaking toilet, the bathroom had a bad musty smell to it and the closet doors would not fully close and would rattle whenever the boat rocked. At night, there were load banging noises that shook the room.

I was also disappointed that the serenity deck was not accessibile without climbing several stairs.

We had a good time overall other than the issues with our cabin though.

Next time I will need to pay more attention to where the accessibile cabins are located.

Last week, I took my parents on their first cruise on the Carnival Victory. My mother has mobility issues so we rented a scooter for her and booked an accessibility room (6205).

Unfortunately I would not recommend this room or location for those who may have mobility or balance issues.

For one thing, when it was windy, my parents had a very difficult time moving around in the room without loosing their balance. When we were in other parts of the boat we did not have as much of an issue on those worst days of the cruise.

I've been in an accessibility room on another cruise line which was on a lower deck and midship which in general would seem to be a better location for those with mobility issues.

The room also had several other issues such has a leaking toilet, the bathroom had a bad musty smell to it and the closet doors would not fully close and would rattle whenever the boat rocked. At night, there were load banging noises that shook the room.

I was also disappointed that the serenity deck was not accessibile without climbing several stairs.

We had a good time overall other than the issues with our cabin though.

Next time I will need to pay more attention to where the accessibile cabins are located.

You can get to the lower serenity level not just the upper.

Thanks for sharing this perspective that should be of concern to those with mobility issues.

The nuances you describe are very common to all-the-way forward cabins and are not unique to the Victory.

For those with stability issues, it is always better to be lower and toward the middle so balance issues are less problematic.

The smelly bath and leaking toilet are issues housekeeping should have addressed. I'm sorry they didn't.

Edited by StolidCruiser

Thanks for sharing this perspective that should be of concern to those with mobility issues.

The nuances you describe are very common to all-the-way forward cabins and are not unique to the Victory.

For those with stability issues, it is always better to be lower and toward the middle so balance issues are less problematic.

Agreed. The four accessibility rooms we were offered on this ship though were all forward on either deck 6 or 7 so we did not have much of an option for this itinerary. It is something we will pay attention to more now though going forward when deciding between ships.

Do Aft rooms feel the waves as much as the forward rooms? I know midship is usually the best when available.

Edited by jenmcnitt