NCL upgrade pricing!!

Bonio6018

Hey everyone, looking for some advice.

Was mis sold the cruise (breakaway) through virgin holidays. Told that there was only 1 paid restaurant and everything else was free. (Spa etc)

Now looking to upgrade but ncl won't discuss it with me and Virgin tell me that the price to upgrade to a mini suite is £2k, spa suite £2.8k and Haven £3k.

The odd thing is my room cost £859 each so £1.7k and if i go to NCL and pretend i am a new customer, the spa suite is 1,169pp so £310 more than what we paid, so an upgrade should surely be £620 total, yet i'm quoted £2,000. Virgin agreed it was high but said they call NCL and it's their pricing.

Spoke to NCL and i get some asian customer service who haven't even heard of the bidding system, so no idea if i am included in that! 68 days to sail date.

Any advice!

Hey everyone, looking for some advice....Spoke to NCL and i get some asian customer service who haven't even heard of the bidding system, so no idea if i am included in that! 68 days to sail date.

Any advice!

Log into MYNCL and check the inbox to see if you have been offered an upgrade. It might not hit for a few more days. Keep checking.

And, read this thread:

What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

Was mis sold the cruise (breakaway) through virgin holidays. Told that there was only 1 paid restaurant and everything else was free. (Spa etc)

Now looking to upgrade but ncl won't discuss it with me and Virgin tell me that the price to upgrade to a mini suite is £2k, spa suite £2.8k and Haven £3k.

The odd thing is my room cost £859 each so £1.7k and if i go to NCL and pretend i am a new customer, the spa suite is 1,169pp so £310 more than what we paid, so an upgrade should surely be £620 total, yet i'm quoted £2,000. Virgin agreed it was high but said they call NCL and it's their pricing.

Spoke to NCL and i get some asian customer service who haven't even heard of the bidding system, so no idea if i am included in that! 68 days to sail date.

Any advice!

Why do we have an epidemic in this country of people being mis-sold.

Get a grip!

Any advice!

Just clarify with Virgin that you are referring to a spa balcony/or mini suite. An actual suite would bring you back that plus £2000 - £1169 pp would be the cheapest spa balcony for Breakaway. - for sure not a spa suite.

NCL UK do offer premium all inclusive - ie includes service charge, drinks pack etc etc.

SPA cabins are a totally different price structure.

Your other alternative is to stick with the cabin you have and buy a thermal suites pass - go into My NCl and see if there are any left to pre purchase.

Failing that (at sixty something days in you might be too late) - you can try again on embarkation day.

Hope this helps