St John tour or St John on your own

Mrs.Gosse

Hi friend. We will be in St Thomas from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. in November. DH would like to see as many islands as we can on one trip.

So we are looking at excursions that takes us to St John on the island girl and then offers an open-air vehicle tour of the island with 30 minutes of free time. 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. . There is also an Excursion that takes us on the same boat with the same time frame but we're completely on her own. Can anyone Offer any opinion on if taking the tour is worth it over having free time. 30 minutes of free time in St John doesn't seem like a lot to me. Although we will have 6 hours hours in st. Thomas before we have to leave after we get back.

Are there things that are easy access where the island girls docks to get somewhere? We do not need to do any Beach time or snorkeling. It would be more just walking around exploring, shopping, eating.

Cruz Bay is not a big area but there are a number of shops and lots of restaurants and if shopping is your thing then it would be enjoyable. I'm not a shopper so I would take the tour to see some of the sugar plantation ruins and island sights. So it really depends on what you would like to do.

Hi friend. We will be in St Thomas from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. in November. DH would like to see as many islands as we can on one trip.

So we are looking at excursions that takes us to St John on the island girl and then offers an open-air vehicle tour of the island with 30 minutes of free time. 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. . There is also an Excursion that takes us on the same boat with the same time frame but we're completely on her own. Can anyone Offer any opinion on if taking the tour is worth it over having free time. 30 minutes of free time in St John doesn't seem like a lot to me. Although we will have 6 hours hours in st. Thomas before we have to leave after we get back.

Are there things that are easy access where the island girls docks to get somewhere? We do not need to do any Beach time or snorkeling. It would be more just walking around exploring, shopping, eating.

I've been searching in vain for exactly this kind of excursion. Can you share where you found it?

Thanks.

I've been searching in vain for exactly this kind of excursion. Can you share where you found it?

Thanks.

Never mind. I figured it out - through your cruise line. My cruise line unfortunately only offers an excursion that provides 2 hours on St. John, with no tour. I've written to the company running the tour you refer to to ask about booking independently, but I am not optimistic.