Need tour guide for St Thomas, our's cancelled

cruiseequalsfun

Hi. In April we were planning a sight-seeing and shopping tour with Godfrey tours however I got an email that he had to cancel. Does anyone have any recommendations for other guides for sight-seeing? We could then be dropped off in town for shopping and can easily take a cab back to the ship.

We were not planning to do beach time in St. Thomas as we do plan that in our 4 other stops.

If anyone has any recommendations that would be great!

Bruce isn't doing tours now. Caribbean Historical Tours is and can take calls and his website is working. http://www.CaribbeanHistoricalTours.com. You can reserve via the website. Great, informative tour.

I also toured with Papa Bear of Air Force One tours, but he had damage from storm and communication where he lives is still unreliable. He will be unavailable until his communications are fully restored. He also gives a great tour.

Bruce isn't doing tours now. Caribbean Historical Tours is and can take calls and his website is working. http://www.CaribbeanHistoricalTours.com. You can reserve via the website. Great, informative tour.

I also toured with Papa Bear of Air Force One tours, but he had damage from storm and communication where he lives is still unreliable. He will be unavailable until his communications are fully restored. He also gives a great tour.

I’ll second papa bear! Hope he is doing ok. We had a great tour with him 2 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have also toured with Papa Bear and it's unfortunate that he suffered damage during the storm. Caribbean Historical Tours is on par with Papa Bear. They are both enthusiastic, knowledgeable guides who go out of their way to please guests.

We also had a tour with Godfried for late February and he cancelled. I however did not receive my refund of monies paid with them.

Email him! I responded to his email as it had been 10 days or so and he responded claiming he had previously submitted the refund to paypal and I should take it up with paypal. Interestingly enough though ~2 hours after his email I had an email from Paypal saying I was getting a refund from Godfrey. I had NOT yet contacted paypal. It then took 2-3 days to show up on my end as a refund after that email from paypal. So I do think he lied and only processed the refund when I emailed him and not when he sent the original cancellation email.

Your other choice is to go to paypal or your credit card, etc and dispute it...but I'd try emailing him first indicating you never received your refund and if he can refund you!

Caribbean Historical Tours isn't currently operating in St Thomas. We booked through their website and didn't get an apologetic reply until the day of our visit telling us they weren't doing tours. We joined in a group island tour that took us to the overlook of the port and dropped us at Magens Bay for 2 or 3 hours. Louisa came back on time (early) and we felt satisfied that we had seen a bit more of the island. We were disappointed that Caribbean Historical Tours hadn't updated their website or gotten back to us so we could have made other plans.

Email him! I responded to his email as it had been 10 days or so and he responded claiming he had previously submitted the refund to paypal and I should take it up with paypal. Interestingly enough though ~2 hours after his email I had an email from Paypal saying I was getting a refund from Godfrey. I had NOT yet contacted paypal. It then took 2-3 days to show up on my end as a refund after that email from paypal. So I do think he lied and only processed the refund when I emailed him and not when he sent the original cancellation email.

Your other choice is to go to paypal or your credit card, etc and dispute it...but I'd try emailing him first indicating you never received your refund and if he can refund you!

After not getting a refund, I contacted my credit card company and they issued a refund.