Uber or Lyft to Galveston Port

JoDonH

Does anyone know if Uber or Lyft picks up from Houston hotels and drops off at Galveston Carnival port? And how close to the port do they get due to drop off regulations?

Thank you. Joanne

I can't speak for Uber or Lyft, but the collection process at the cruiseport in Galveston is pretty organized, but sometimes a bit slow. They tend to hold cars to let the shuttles in first which means you can wait a bit. I'm not sure if they have a special area for rideshare car pickup as they do drop off...

I can't speak for Uber or Lyft, but the collection process at the cruiseport in Galveston is pretty organized, but sometimes a bit slow. They tend to hold cars to let the shuttles in first which means you can wait a bit. I'm not sure if they have a special area for rideshare car pickup as they do drop off...

With no intentions to be mean about this, it's not true. Shuttles and personal cars turn in the same spot and shuttles are diverted down one row of parking spots over from personal cars. Both are allowed unfettered. We are down here every weekend and have cruised from Galveston many times.

Thank you for responding. Do you have any idea if it is a mad house trying to get Uber or Lyft during disembarkation. Or is it pretty organized.

There are taxis lined up if you get off the ship early. Which ship are you on? If it's breeze it's a little crazy, or if it's a Saturday where both the freedom and Valor are in.

Absolute worst case scenario is to walk straight out of the terminal towards the parking garages and onto Harborside and have them pick you up there. That shouldn't have to happen, but just know you could.

Pay attention to the big letters on the terminal, so you can tell the driver which letter you are at. Find them going in so you will know where to look when your cruise is over.