Bringing liquor aboard

DJ1VIKES

Hi there. I believe officially it says not allowed, however if you bring it in your carry-on it is allowed onboard. I even had the security agent who looks through the bags with the xray machine joke that he wanted to come along with us to share it :) Now bringing wine bottles into dining will cost extra with a corkage charge.

It is actually allowed. General advice is to bring in carry-on bags. Note they do also sell various beer packages amongst other drink packages - at least when we were on Magic a year ago. They offered a case of beer for cost of 3 six packs delivered to your room (while not super cheap, would save you hassle of having to carry). This was offered on the first day.

We have brought wine and champange on several cruises, but we find at the end of the cruise we are always leaving it on board. We really enjoy being outside of our room having a beer or glass of wine than drinking on our balc or in room. So our next two cruises we are not going through the hassle of carrying it on board.

Went on the Magic last Aug. THey do let you bring the alcohol on board to drink in your room. If you want to drink in the dining room they charge you a corking fee. They will provide glasses and ice for you.

We collect wine and have become pretty picky about what we drink--there's very, very little on the DCL wine list that appeals to us, and what does is marked up over 300%. So we'll be bringing a bottle for each dinner plus some Champange for our stateroon. We have no problem paying a reasonable corkage fee, and we'll probably even bring our own stemware. The ability to bring our own wine is one of the main reasons we booked DCL again.

i just came off the Disney Wonder. ( my review will soon follow once i get caught up here at work again) but they Do let you bring alcohol onboard. we carried on a case of beer and a few bottles of liquor. yes, you need to bring it as carry on (also expect a few jokes from security about a taste test)

Also rember that if you board the boat early and your room is not ready you will need to carry it with you until then. we still had a few drink and had a "drink of teh day" everyday but all in all, bringing own own booze saved me about 400-500 dollars

Archived