ORCHESTRA: Toiletries in cabin

ParkAvePrincess

I would like to know what type of toiletries are in the bathroom? What type of products (brands) do they offer? Are they good?

Do they have hair dryers in each cabin?

Do they provide irons in some type of laundry room? If not, does anyone recommend a good wrinkle free spray?;)

Thanks much~~

I would like to know what type of toiletries are in the bathroom? What type of products (brands) do they offer? Are they good?

Do they provide irons in some type of laundry room? If not, does anyone recommend a good wrinkle free spray?;)

Thanks much~~

I've had really good luck w/ "Downy Wrinkle Releaser" on my last couple of trips. I found a 4 oz travel size at Target...

I have also taken just a empty spray bottle and filled with water. You just make it barely mist and spray your clothes hanging up-- then take the blow dryer and have on warm and blow dry the wrinkles out-

This works really well- some natural fabrics- such as linen, cotton, and heavy silk will require more of a chemical such as the wrinkle releaser.

But, I have used the above method with several different fabrics. I also use the misting bottle later on my hair to touch up--

One other thing-- with silk, I would always test the product (or water) on the fabric. Sometimes (especially dry clean only) fabrics have been treated with a finisher that will make any type of liquid spot....

Hi Agent Girl,

Do you know if they daily bring shampoo/conditioners like hotels? I saw in the Orchestra pictures they had the little bottles on the shelf in front of mirror....

They bring shampoo, shower gel and bath wash and soap daily if needed.

Everyone traveled to the ship using suitcases...thus we all have wrinkled clothes, to a degree. Once I pack I do not worry. I make sure they are nice when going in. When I hang them whatever they are is how I am wearing it.

Some years ago I learned from this board how to pack my clothes. I'm doing it since and never had to iron it. I keep each garment on a hanger in a seperate plastic bag and use garment bag(wheels) instead of suitcase. It's very easy to unpack and pack, saves time and my clothes never wrinkled.

Thanks much~~

They have small disposable shampoo (MSC own brand) and soap inside the bathroom but no hair conditioner. However, we always bring our own shampoo when we cruise. Had tried their shampoo but not great, very watery. Hair dryer is also available inside the bathroom.

No iron available I guess they are afraid that people forget to unplug when we leave their room.

Thanks much~~

Just got back yesterday off their ship. They have shower gel, shampoo, soap. I don't know the brand but all smelled nice and cleaned body & hair well. They have 1500 watt hairdryers. I took my own travel size 1875 watt. They do have laundry service but typical cost of items laundered. We use Downy Wrinkle Free spray and hung our clothes up. Nobody really pays strict attn to ppl clothing. Too busy with activities an eating:)

I've had really good luck w/ "Downy Wrinkle Releaser" on my last couple of trips. I found a 4 oz travel size at Target...

Can it be used on linen and silk?

The bottle says "safe on virtually all fabrics. On fabrics which may water-spot (silk, rayon), test a hidden area first."

I've never used it on silk but I used it w/out any problem on rayon...like agentgirl, I've taken along a small travel steamer if I've had room & it's worked great!

Archived