Price Dropped A Lot

Hey Cruisers,

I posted thread asking the advantages of booking early. I now question it. I booked the Dream for April 24, 2010, Ocean View, and was given an upgrade to 6M. I just checked the price and it is $200 lower than I paid. I called Carnival and the best they offered was an upgrade to a 6N. I'm still expecting a great cruise, can't wait, but that's the pits. If they bring the balcony down some I will pay extra for that but not what they are asking today! FYI. Keep cruising.:)

Booking early gives you an advantage if there's a certain cabin you desire. With Carnival, the prices actually go up and stay up until shortly before sailing (in my experience). Our last one on the Legend, prices dropped 3 weeks prior to sailing and I called them. They graciously offered me an upgrade. I asked instead, if I could get an OBC. They were obly to happy to give me one!

I booked in July 09 with early saver for Freedom on 4/10/10. Booked a cat 8C balcony for $974. Price has gone down 4 times with $744 today. As they advertise, adjustments made promptly.

Booking early gives you an advantage if there's a certain cabin you desire. With Carnival, the prices actually go up and stay up until shortly before sailing (in my experience). Our last one on the Legend, prices dropped 3 weeks prior to sailing and I called them. They graciously offered me an upgrade. I asked instead, if I could get an OBC. They were obly to happy to give me one!

I still might ask for OBC especially if it continues to drop. They can do better than that and still make a great profit. The important thing, have a great cruise and I will! :)

I still might ask for OBC especially if it continues to drop. They can do better than that and still make a great profit. The important thing, have a great cruise and I will! :)

Ask all you want, but unless you booked under ES, you will more than likely not be provided an OBC....You are beating a dead horse on this issue and either need to take the upgrade option, pay more for the balcony you want or just suck it up !

This must have occured before the policies for OBC changed when ES was implemented, because if what you state is true and occured recently, that is not the norm after final payment has been made. :)

Ask all you want, but unless you booked under ES, you will more than likely not be provided an OBC....You are beating a dead horse on this issue and either need to take the upgrade option, pay more for the balcony you want or just suck it up !

So far they seem pleasant to deal with. They made a mistake on the requested room and gladly corrected it. Your right, it doesn't hurt to ask. Happy Cruising.:)

Whichever I do is wrong. If I book early, the cruise 2 weeks early drops in price but not mine. If I dont book hoping for a last minute deal, there are no good ones that I want.

Fire,

I look at this way. This is my second cruise and the first that I booked myself without the TA (for me that was AAA). I think I did a good job and am happy with the room that was given. I could have gotten a room for at least no more than I'm paying to be on the Dream and booked an Aft Cabin. I didn't because I wanted the Eastern Caribbean and more days at sea. I enjoy being on the ship and seeing nothing but water. It is so peaceful. So, this time I booked the Dream. I see it as a life lesson that I will consider in the future when I cruise, likely again with Carnival although I'd like to try one of the other lines. And, who knows, maybe I will get the price that I want for the balcony but again if I don't, Que, sera, sera! :)

Archived