Baltic Breakaway cruise 5/29-6/7

sryan

Sryan, let me know if I understand this correctly. We have an NCL tour for Helsinki so we can stay in town after the tour is over and get a free shuttle back to the ship? Is that correct? So is it the same for Stockholm? We are doing the same tour as you in Stockholm. Also, how did you know where to find the shuttles back to ship? Did your tour operators tell you when they dropped you in town.?

Yes in Helsinki we did the Discover Helsinki your with NCL and the tour operator told everyone on the tour that we can stay on our own after the tour and take the NCL free shuttle back to the ship. She showed us where the shuttle was and that it ran every 30 minutes. You just need to show your tour ticket to get on the shuttle. It was great to be able to do this.

In Stockholm we did not stay on our own after tour was over. They took us back by bus to the ship.

We did city tour of Rostock Germany through NCL. Also had some free time to explore. Took us around the city to see sights. Once tour over we walked to Warnemünde(5 minute walk) beautiful seaside town with shops and restaurants. We did not go to Berlin because it was 3 hour train ride each way but many other passengers did go and loved it. We did Talin city tour through NCL. great way to see the city. We did a 2 day must see tour in Russia with Alla tours. We were supposed to have early entry to Hermitage but that was changed on us so Hermitage was extremely crowded. We also went to Faberge Museum in the evening. It was a 13 hour day so unfortunately we did not make the 2nd day because we were exhausted. The good thing with the Alla tour was there was only 14 of us instead of large bus.

We did Discover Helsinki tour through NCL and then stayed in the city for a couple of hours and they had shuttles running every 30 minutes back to port. It was free if you were on an NCL tour but you would have to pay if you did not do a tour but wasn’t too much. Not sure if this tour was worth it. Lot of other guests took the hop on hop off busses in the city.

In Stockholm we did Vasa museum, ice bar and old towne. Great tour plus we had 2.5 hours to explore Old Towne which had shops and restaurants. Since we had an Ncl tour there was a bus at the port. Anyone that did not have a tour set up needed to purchase train tickets. We did enjoy all of our tours.

My family and I are considering the same tour for Stockholm because my oldest daughter would like to go to the ice bar. Did you think this part of the tour was good and worth it? There are plenty of tours with the Vasa Museum and Old Towne, I'm just not sure if we should plan a tour just for the ice bar. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thank you.

you mentioned going to Margarittaville....what was the charge and was it busy at all? I heard on other boards that not many people go because it is a fee restaurant now. Did they have a small breakfast buffet in Margaritaville ?

Going on this cruise in August.

-Elaine

My family and I are considering the same tour for Stockholm because my oldest daughter would like to go to the ice bar. Did you think this part of the tour was good and worth it? There are plenty of tours with the Vasa Museum and Old Towne, I'm just not sure if we should plan a tour just for the ice bar. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thank you.

We were in the ice bar for 20 minutes. Since it was before 11am there was no alcohol served so they had fruit punch drinks. We had a lot of fun in there. Took great pics.

you mentioned going to Margarittaville....what was the charge and was it busy at all? I heard on other boards that not many people go because it is a fee restaurant now. Did they have a small breakfast buffet in Margaritaville ?

Going on this cruise in August.

-Elaine

We ate there for lunch once. They charge $15 fee pp. and it was empty when we were there. Not sure if they had breakfast buffet.

We were in the ice bar for 20 minutes. Since it was before 11am there was no alcohol served so they had fruit punch drinks. We had a lot of fun in there. Took great pics.

Thank you. :):)