Join a cruise in Santorini. Is it possible?

rightorport

We have a week in Crete and then three nights in Santorini.

We are just starting to plan seven/eights nights or so hopping towards Athens and wondered if it is possible to join an organised cruise instead? That would be in July.

Googling didn't find one, but it is not a subject I'm very familiar with so maybe there are some magic keywords required.

Doubt that this is possible on a routine basis for a mainline cruise company. On our Med cruise out of Athens we met a young couple who had air connection issues. Santorini was the first stop so they headed there to board. They were able to get on but from their story there were many hurdles to jump since Santorini is not a normal port of embarkation.

You need to contact a cruiseline and check with them and get their permission to do this. However almost for sure you will need to pay for the whole cruise even when you sail just part of it. I donot know any cruiseline that starts or ends in Santorini. Many of them come from/to Athens and/or Venice.

Yes, thank you both.

I was able to track down a web site with cruise ship arrival details for Santorini and then use those names against the cruise search options on this site.

None of the three on our intended day of departure ever dock at Athens, and one of the two on the next day goes directly there (as part of a longer cruise) so that would be less a cruise than just a ferry trip.

Interestingly if I tick both Santorini and Athens as ports it returns cruises that go to either, not both.

But that has given me an insight in to how to look for cruises that might form part of future travel.

I also tried to look for cruises that included Alexandria but couldn't find it available as a port.