Restaurant recommendations -traditional or modern American restaurant in South beach

travellerin1984

Hi!

I would like to find a nice restaurant for our first night in Miami in December. We are staying in South Beach, Urbanica The Meridian hotel. Our arrival time is 5 PM and I know it wont be easy to stay awake because of jetlag... I would like to find a nice restaurant for the first night and be sure to get a table. I was considering Joes stone crab but they dont take any reservations. No need for fine dining but would like to eat some contemporary or traditional american food. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

A real treat would be Prime 112 on Ocean Drive. about 1/2 mile from your hotel. Expensive, but excellent. . Another great one is Barton G on West Avenue ( just over a mile from your hotel). They have the craziest presentation of food you'll ever see. Reservations needed for both. Both expensive but great.

We have a weekend place on the beach and if your up for Italian, we go to Cafe Prima Pasta on 71 Street , (one block off Collins Ave). . It is 6.5 miles from your hotel, up Collins Avenue. We go there all the time and it is away from the South Beach crowds. The food is always good and reasonable. Enjoy your stay on Miami Beach.

Edited by Missymo