Anthem this Thursday and Hurricane Chris

Definitely jumping the gun here, but does anyone currently on Anthem/storm watchers wary of Hurricane Chris and getting back to NJ for Thursday disembarkation? We embark Thursday so I'm keeping an eye on this. Best wishes for a safe return!

Definitely jumping the gun here, but does anyone currently on Anthem/storm watchers wary of Hurricane Chris and getting back to NJ for Thursday disembarkation? We embark Thursday so I'm keeping an eye on this. Best wishes for a safe return!

The hurricane is supposed to be hundreds of miles off the coast of New England on Thursday.

Hi New—

I’m sitting on the Anthem, deck 9 balcony, enjoying the beautiful weather here... Left Bermuda as planned and the Captain indicated that we’re heading straight west and then up the coast, rather than at a diagonal to miss the storm. He said if we go at top speed, we’ll be back by 7am Thursday as planned.

Someone overheard a conversation that the crew were all told to take their Dramamine, but we’re still hoping for a nice evening... and a reasonable day tomorrow. The skies are lovely and the wind is mild... stay tuned!

One more thing to add — the Anthem is my new favorite ship in the fleet (sailed Oasis and Freedom both twice and many other “lesser” levels.) She’s elegant, plenty of fun, lots of nooks and crannies to snooze and snuggle... will definitely come back. Tried the iFly, NorthStar and might catch the bumper cars tomorrow — we’re just little kids in grown up (old) bodies. Love her!!

One more thing to add — the Anthem is my new favorite ship in the fleet (sailed Oasis and Freedom both twice and many other “lesser” levels.) She’s elegant, plenty of fun, lots of nooks and crannies to snooze and snuggle... will definitely come back. Tried the iFly, NorthStar and might catch the bumper cars tomorrow — we’re just little kids in grown up (old) bodies. Love her!!

Thank you, Betsy! So happy to hear you are sailing safe. Also so happy you loved Anthem - we do, too! This will be our fourth time on her, third this year! So true about the nooks and crannies - she is a beautiful ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear that you like the anthem we sell on her in January 12 nighter. I like to hear that there are nooks and crannies to snuggle! Any suggestions of your favorite nook on board?

I'm glad to hear that you like the anthem we sell on her in January 12 nighter. I like to hear that there are nooks and crannies to snuggle! Any suggestions of your favorite nook on board?

Hi Eileen

How are you?

Yes Eileen!! Super comfy couches (low to the ground) all over deck 5... definitely check out the I Dream of Jeannie wicker duvet things... in the hallway outside of Vintages as well as a couple of a different style (not as cushy but more private in Two70). They look like Hershey kisses with cushions and pillows inside. The cushioned rocking chairs on deck 5 were amazing, too. Also, there are SEVERAL of the round wicker chaises built for two in the Solarium and indoor pool areas.

I’ve been noting lots of different tips during this trip... if tomorrow’s weather is not ideal, will attempt to write them up. Definitely have lunch at Two70 cafe (deck 5 rear) on your first day. You can book any shows or activities you couldn’t get online in the Two70 lounge right there. There were NO lines when we arrived around 11:30am. For anyone gluten-free, Two70 has a case of GF sandwiches that they can heat up for you...no more waiting around hassling some poor chef to thaw a frozen roll. Also, be sure to check out the very very very far back of the Windjammer for a gluten-free crepe station and some tables with gorgeous views both indoors and out.

No worries for a Thursday departure from Cape Liberty. Sunny and 88. Storm will be off the coast well to the north. Maybe some light wave action on first day at sea heading to Bermuda. By the time you get down to the Caribbean it will be sunny and hot with clear weather predicted. Gert ready for a good time!

Edited by 95south
SP